Make Your Game Move Like Life with NVIDIA® PhysX®
Unity contains the powerful NVIDIA® PhysX® Physics Engine. Create immersive and visceral scenes with clothes and hair that blow in the wind; tires that screech and burn; walls that crumble; glass that shatters, and weapons that inflict major damage!
Great Looking Threads for Your Characters
Create two kinds of cloth with Unity:
Life-Like Action Packed into Every Scene
Create movement in your scenes with:
- Soft Bodies, such as semi-deflated beach balls that interact realistically with the environment
- Rigidbodies, that enable the objects in your scenes to act under the control of physics. A rigidbody can receive forces and torque to make your objects move in a realistic way with no scripting required.
- A ragdoll wizard that lets you implement a full ragdoll from an animated character in seconds. Tweak the ragdoll as needed for unique behaviors.
- Joints: Hinges, springs, ball-sockets, character limbs, and the fully-customizable Configurable Joint. Make them breakable to allow emergent game play.
Fierce Racing Games and Mountable Vehicles Made Easier
- Unity has a dedicated Wheel Collider that accurately simulates the traction model of real car tires.
Check out our Car Tutorial