Talk with your fellow creators
Five minutes, five steps to set up Unity Teams
Unity Teams provides your team with a set of of cloud-enabled features that securely stores projects, synchronizes changes among team members, and simplifies the creation and sharing of builds. It’s the only solution of its kind that’s made specifically for game development.
What Unity Teams does:
- Backs up your project and its history
- Synchronizes changes among team members
- Simplifies the creation and sharing of builds
Why it’s easy to use:
- It’s natively integrated with Unity
- It’s the only solution out there that’s made specifically for game development
- Unity Teams Basic is free for all users. Providing up to 3 users in a team and 1 GB of cloud storage, it’s great for teams getting started
- Unity Teams Advanced具有更多的容量与功能如Cloud Build，支持大型团队与项目使用。新Pro订阅包括让最多三位用户访问Teams Advanced 12个月。 了解更多
*Based on customer feedback, training time is reduced by up to 90% for artists when teams choose Collaborate, compared to other popular industry solutions.
How to set it up
1. Open the Editor, go to the Services window, and set up your project for Cloud Services
To open the Services Window, go to Window >Unity Services, or click the cloud icon in the toolbar. There are a few more easy steps to setting up your services that you can get 在这里. After, your window should look like the following, and you’ll be able to pick from a series of features.
2. Turn on Collaborate
Turn on Collaborate in the Editor with just one toggle. You can find the toggle button right under "Collaborate".
That’s it! At this point, you may want to save your project with Unity’s cloud storage.
3. We recommend that you leave "auto-build" on, to get the most out of Cloud Build; you’ll get a new build every time you save a change with Collaborate.
With Cloud Build connected to Collaborate, it will now monitor for changes to your project. When it detects new changes, the system downloads your project and builds it for all of your target platforms.
When a build is complete, Cloud Build emails you the results, along with links to download and install the completed builds. If there are errors, Cloud Build informs you straight away via email, allowing you to quickly fix them, make a commit, and trigger new builds.
4. Turn on Cloud Build
If you have Unity Teams Advanced, turn on Cloud Build, which will automatically create builds whenever your project is updated with Collaborate. If you have Unity Teams Basic, you can upgrade to access Cloud Build or try it for free. 了解更多
Like in Step 1, go back to the services window. Click on Cloud Build and click on the now familiar button to turn it on. You’ll then need to make a few simple configuration choices regarding your build options. The wizard will make it easy, guiding you through all the steps necessary, based on your configuration, e.g. source control, target platform(s), and so on.
5. Invite your team members to Collaborate
From the Collaborate window, you can click the people icon and invite team members and collaborators to a project.
The next time that person you’ve invited to Collaborate opens up their editor, they’ll be able to access the project. Pull up a scene and you and your collaborators can work together and make changes in the same scene.
You can also manage teammates, organizations, and Unity Team subscriptions here: