- XR: Improved background rendering performance in ARCore by eliminating an unnecessary OpenGL state reset.
- (912848) - Android: Fixed gyroscope lag issues that happen on some android devices.
- (999833)(990267) - Asset Import: Fixed crash when importing fbx .meta files that contain references to non-existing scripts or when scripts ID was too large.
- (925835) - Editor: Fixed Skinned Mesh not being removed on undo.
- (978564) - Scene Management: Fixed BuildPipelineInterfaces.InitializeBuildCallbacks() being called on every scene load when loading the same scenes multiple times.
- (938614) - Shaders: Fixed bad swizzles on GLSL & Metal shader image size queries.
- (998182) - Timeline: Fixed object binding when inline curves are opened.
- (998642) - Timeline: Fixed Playing a Timeline causing GC allocations when using the 4.6 Scripting Runtime.
- (991434) - Timeline: Fixed group tracks being saved under the wrong asset when copied to a different Timeline.
- (999338)(988706) - UI: Fixed AspectRatioFitter not driving the RectTransform on the first frame.
- (986045) - Windows: Fixed assert when stopping and then immediately destroying DictationRecognizer.
- Linux: Improved filesystem performance to handle large cache sizes.
- XR: Updated Oculus to version 1.22.
- (967646)(903140) - Android: Fixed Skybox distortion on specific Android devices with Vivante GC1000/GC2000 GPU.
- (995841)(958223) - Android: Fixed animation not played when screen sharing is enabled.
- (996351) - Animation: Fixed an issue where AnimatorOverrideController.ApplyOverrides was executing unnecessary operations, causing performance issues.
- (978930) - Animation: Fixed editor crashing on WalkTypeTree after removing any component while in Animation record mode.
- (996153) - Animation: Fixed Animator Layer not deselected when clicking on the graph part of the UI.
- (976768) - Asset Bundles: Fixed packing AudioMixerController, AudioMixerGroup and AudioMixerSnapshot into bundles with disabled type trees.
- (991619) - Editor: Fixed editor crash when renaming GameObject with long name on Windows.
- (980070) - Editor: Fixed early flipping of login page in Mac by increasing the timeout.
- (1001450) - Editor: Fixed a Windows-specific crash in YAMLMerge when trying to merge files.
- (989484) - Graphics: Fixed OpenGL ES crash due to problem with cached VertexAttribArray.
- (995663) - IL2CPP: Fixed incorrect code generation for nullable types when they are passed to a virtual function.
- (989536) - IL2CPP: Fixed a hang on iOS devices when a socket operation is in progress and the app is put into the background with the new scripting runtime.
- (992138) - IL2CPP: Added Windows runtime storage extensions.
- (1003875)(995079) - iOS: Fixed Display.SetResolution to work during first frame.
- (None) - iOS: Metal: Fixed MSAA behavior when using RenderPass.
- (995992)(944301) - iOS: Fixed UnityWebRequest instability when starting and aborting a lot of requests.
- (1000658) - iOS: Fixed a problem preventing a user from being prompted to log into GameCenter.
- (990595)(981074) - iOS: Metal: Fixed ReadPixels() crash when reading out of active textures bounds.
- (1002211) - Linux: Fixed crash on player startup in GfxDeviceVKBase::GrabIntoRenderTexture.
- (988776) - OSX: Fixed editor crash on certain hotkeys and menu selections during project import.
- (841172) - Package Manager: Fixed a project being stored on OneDrive resulting in a Package Manager error and preventing a project from being opened.
- (960093) - Package Manager: Fixed building as local system user failing on Windows.
- (998183)(958814) - Physics: Fixed double full stop added to the dropdown boxes in the physics settings.
- (969960) - Physics: Ensured that "Collider2D.Distance" with very small distances produces a valid normal.
- (989323) - Physics: Fixed crash during simulation after destroying Rigidbody2D that has a child Kinematic Rigidbody2D.
- (998186)(960479) - Physics: Fixed issue where MeshCollider is added to prefab in Hierarchy when selected from the project folder.
- (977568)(968882) - Physics: Fixed disabling and enabling a collider on an inactive gameobject producing transform error messages.
- (974119) - Physics: Increased the accuracy of rotating a tile clockwise/anti-clockwise by 90-degrees when tilemap painting. This ensures that TilemapCollider2D can be accurately composited using the CompositeCollider2D.
- (977687) - Physics: Fixed Assert message being displayed when reparenting a Collider2D component that is using a CompositeCollider2D.
- (947209) - Universal Windows Platform: Fixed reference rewriter not fixing references for System.Net.Sockets.Socket when DLL where it's being referenced was compiled against .NET 3.5.
- (979741) - Universal Windows Platform: Fixed .NET native compiler crash when using List or List in a serializable class.
- (991466) - Universal Windows Platform: Fixed Application.isMobilePlatform results to be consistent with SystemInfo.deviceType. Also update API docs for these APIs.
- (966990) - VR: Fixing crash involving VR Mock Device when using TrackedPoseDriver.
- (995845)(992221) - Web: Fixed handling special URIs in UnityWebRequest with colon in them, like blob:http.
- (994912)(960863) - WebGL: Added handling of playBuffer exception when there is no audio output on Safari.
- (979198) - Windows: Fixed crash on startup in case screen width/height player prefs in registry got corrupted.
- (990939) - Windows: Player executable is once again large address aware.
- (998801) - XR: Fixed calling XRSettings.LoadDeviceByName on an already loaded device causing issues.
- (998801) - XR: Fixed documentation around XRSettings.LoadDeviceByName and add a warning message when we detect that a user is trying to reload an already loaded VR Device.
- 2D: Change Outline and Physics Shape module behaviour in Sprite Editor Window. The module will only show outlines only when user has customised it.
- 2D: TextureImporter Inspector has an option to enable default Physics Shape for Sprites
- (None) - Android: Fixed crash when a compute shader is being used that did not compile/link on a device.
- (985591) - Android: Fixed issues when trying to use jobified rendering on certain graphics devices like GLES.
- (952769) - Android: Fixed problem when there is no valid EGL context when running the player loop.
- (963958) - Asset Importing: Fixed issue with MonoScripts for StateMachineBehaviour derived classes not being extracted from managed plugins.
- (996950) - Cloud: Fixed exception when building in Cloud Build with Performance Reporting enabled.
- (None) - Editor: Fixed issue with "Rider 2017.2.1.app" not being recognized as Rider code editor. Now recognizes "Rider*.app".
- (979704) - Editor: Fixed issue with UWP build failing when using .asmdef assemblies.
- (None) - Editor: Fixed issue with only assemblies whose name start with "Assembly" being debuggable on IL2CPP platforms.
- (1001461) - Editor: Fixed YAMLMerge performance issue when merging large files.
- (996204) (988580) - Editor: Fixed Editor window, Panel and all related managed object leaking.
- (986160) - GI: Fixed the intensity of baked and real-time emissive materials in Enlighten.
- (989476) - IL2CPP: Improvedthe startup performance of Unity players built with IL2CPP.
- (993422) - IL2CPP: Correct a possible build failure with IL2CPP when an attribute constructor has two arguments of type object.
- (994283) - Fixed uninstalling Unity leaving sketchupapi.dll behind.
- (982435) - OSX: Fixed crash on Editor panel close on select versions of macOS.
- (878407) - Physics: Fixed PhysX crash when calling Physics.OverlapBoxNonAlloc on Android devices.
- (980553) - Profiler: Fixed EndThreadProfiler crashing Unity when called from main thread.
- (996508) - PS4: Fixed crash when calling DateTime.Now whilst using il2cpp.
- (991969) - PS4: Fixed native rendering plugin GetContext() not returning correct value.
- (977003) - Scripting: Fixed memory snapshot errors related to invalid GCHandle values.
- (974031) - Scripting: Fixed memory snapshot naming for types without a namespace.
- (974042) - Scripting: Fixed memory snapshot naming for nested types.
- (993302) - Scripting: Fixed incorrect value when using Math.Round with MidpointRounding.AwayFromZero.
- (929984) - Scripting: Fixed crash when using named pipes.
- (990559) - Scripting: Fixed crash when using unsafe code in an assembly built with VS2017.
- (973437) - UI: iOS Fixed incorrect processing of touch canceled events.
- (984325) (966106) - UI: Fixed entering playmode with profiler open and UI in the scene crashes in UI::Canvas::CaptureBatchFrame.
- (998862) (980089)- XR: Fixed crash when connecting simulator device while running in editor.
- (994652) - XR: Fixed losing focus causing the thread to sleep causing fps to drop.
- (994652) - XR: Fixed frame rate throttling when Windows MR device loses tracking.
- Asset Import: Adjusted messaging around Substance Designer import removal.
- XR: Android builds that enable ARCore no longer fail when the minimum Android SDK is less than 24.
- XR: Standalone UWP applications targeting Windows Mixed Reality will now cause the OS to notify the user if the Mixed Reality components are not installed or a headset is not connected, rather than silently falling back to non-VR desktop mode.
- (969827) - 2D: Fixed error message "A script behaviour has a different serialization layout when loading" when a Tilemap is loaded in players with code stripping.
- (976411) - 2D: Fixed crash after building and loading an Asset Bundle with Tilemap in the Editor.
- (972214) - 2D: Fixed crash when Tilemap is loaded with invalid Tiles in the Editor.
- (965608) - 2D: Fixed Tilemap not setting Tiles with the correct data in players with code stripping.
- (990691) - 2D: Fixed an issue that was causing the Physics Shape of a Sprite2D to not being properly set unless the 'Edit Physics Shape' tab was opened first.
- (966605) - 2D: Fixed Physics2D.TilemapCollider.TileUpdate taking an extremely long time to update every time a script recompile happens.
- (992023) - Android: Fixed a bug causing the loading of native audio plugins to fail on Android.
- (962450) - Android: Fixed an issue where the full-screen movie player didn't autorotate.
- (986004) - Animation: Fixed crash when importing animator controller with null transitions.
- (950805) - Animation: Fixed state deselection in the Animator State Machine.
- (947918) - Animation: Fixed Timeline Sequence not firing Animation Events.
- (975824) (966082) - Animation: Fixed Animator.GetBehaviours returning an empty array after saving scene.
- (975555) - Animation: Fixed crash when calling Animator.MatchTarget without a controller.
- (962745) (938640) - Animation: Fixed a crash caused by invoking QueryComponentByType() when code stripping is enabled.
- (984070) - Asset Bundles: Fixed crash when loading meshes from asset bundles that contain both compressed and uncompressed meshes.
- (983321) - Asset Import: Fixed AssetPostprocessor.OnAssignMaterialModel not being called for all models when importing materials as sub-assets.
- (991111) - Audio: Fixed a bug where AudioManager::Update was generating a small amount of garbage memory, if a spatializer was selected, that would later need to get garbage-collected.
- (975773) - Cache Server: Fixed an issue where using a Cache Server and reimporting Assembly Definition files would fail to trigger rebuilding of the assembly.
- (971434) - Editor: Fixed Editor hang when merging large changesets or large scene files with Collaborate.
- (973052) - IL2CPP: Fixed an unlikely, but possible crash when default parameter values are used.
- (976218) - IL2CPP: Enabled dead code stripping for clang toolchain.
- (959791) - IL2CPP: Fixed a problem with the decimal to double conversion implementation with the new scripting runtime.
- (969958) - IL2CPP: Fixed a crash in Unity Linker (System.InvalidProgramException: Failed to resolve [UnityEngine]System.Resources.NeutralResourcesLanguageAttribute) when using a managed - DLL that has a non-existing attribute on it.
- (947208) - IL2CPP: Implemented sending of email via SmtpClient with .NET 4.6.
- (976623) - IL2CPP: Implemented the EnsureSufficientExecutionStack method for .NET 4.6.
- (975496) - IL2CPP: Improved the performance of code conversion when many nested generic types are used.
- (973813) - Metal: Fixed an edge case crash when using grab-pass on metal.
- (982435) - OSX: Fixed crash on Editor panel close on select versions of macOS.
- (988874) - Particles: Fixed flickering due to a floating point error when sorting by youngest/oldest.
- (982271) - Scripting: Fixed regression with Assembly-CSharp.dll and friends referencing editor only assemblies.
- (991464) - Scripting Upgrade: Fixed a C# compiler bug which could result in "the type cannot be used as type parameter `T' in the generic type or method" errors.
- (935292) - Scripting Upgrade: Fixed EntryPointNotFoundException when calling HTTPClient.GetAsync on Android.
- (942966) - Scripting Upgrade: Fixed crash when using named pipes.
- (974228) - Scripting Upgrade: Fixed crash on exit when script debugger is enabled.
- (980815) (980816) - Services: Performance Reporting: Report device model field for Managed Exceptions.
- (986871) - Timeline: Fixed ArgumentOutOfRangeException when shift-selecting a clip, if that clip was moved and the move operation was undo.
- (992286) (980300)- UI: Fixed issue where position and rotation specified when calling Object.Instantiate was not applied properly to a RectTransform.
- (986584) - UI: Fixed crash in RectTransform::ShouldUpdateTransformBefore.
- (977959) - UI: Fixed issue with UI and prefab positioning.
- (995452) (937370) - UI: Fixed OnEndDrag not being called when dragging as the app loses focus.
- (988136) (966172) - UI: Fixed issue where a driven RectTransform could cause a scene to be constantly flagged as dirty.
- (990752) - UI: Fixed an issue where undoing the activation of a UI layout component did not undo the side effects to the children RectTransforms.
- (988311) (939853) - UI: Fixed instances where Font.textureRebuilt would not be called even though the internal texture was regenerated.
- (968801) - UWP: Fixed keyboard input not distinguishing left/right shift keys.
- (988818) - Web: Fixed native UnityWebRequest not destroyed until garbage collected even if explicitly disposed.
- (991606) (971557) - Web: Fixed file URI with host component in UnityWebRequest.
- (968584) - Windows: Fixed default width/height not honored for 'Windowed' mode.
- (993880) - XR: Fixed stabilization plane not getting set correctly via the SetFocusPointForFrame() API, resulting in poor hologram stabilization and color separation on HoloLens.
- (988571) - XR: Ported missing properties on the Pose type, which broke user code for Windows Mixed Reality when porting from 2017.2.
- (965494) - XR: Fixed an issue with lights failing to completely illuminate scene geometry during stereo rendering.
- (973172) - XR: Fixed a crash that would occur if an application used Unity's Spatial Mapping component without VR being enabled or without using Windows Mixed Reality.
- (993425) - XR: Fixed calling touch keyboard causeing unhandled exception to be thrown and app closing.
- (991170) (946104) - XR: Fixed errors when building for Daydream and Cardboard with Proguard enabled.
- (952777) - XR: Fixed crash when holographic emulation set to remote with no device connected.
- (987306) - XR: Fixed build crashes when using stereo display.
- (962517) - Animation: Fixed an issue with shadow rendering in the Animation Previewer.
- (978674) - Animation: Fixed layouting issue when deleting clip in a blend tree inspector.
- (972927) - AppleTV: Removed 2x App store icon slices that cause App Store validation to fail.
- (967778) - Editor: Editor no longer crashers when closing 2 custom editor windows at the same time.
- (984239) - Editor: Fixed an issue with normalization of transform rotations which was causing spurious tiny differences in the rotation quaternion when serialized to YAML files.
- (984239) - Editor: Fixed ForceReserializeAssets incorrectly updating the timeCreated field in .meta files.
- (975920) - Editor: Fixed lightingdata.asset files getting re-opened in text mode in certain situations.
- (981259) - GI: Fixed lightmap compositing not resilient to NaNs causing black areas.
- (979638) - Particles: Fixed issue where Local Aligned particles with negative scale could be displayed incorrectly.
- (980258) - Unity Package Manager: Fixed "Permission denied" error message on read-only .meta file when upgrading project from a previous version
- (984723) - Scripting Upgrade: Fixed Socket.Send failing silently on Windows.
- (960555) - Scripting Upgrade: Fixed crash when using 'fixed' statement on a string.
- (973794) - Scripting Upgrade: Fixed Android crash when script debugger is enabled.
- (954427) (952800) - Scripting Upgrade: Fixed Android crash when NullReferenceException is raised.
- (980258) - Fixed "Permission denied" error message on read-only .meta file when upgrading project from a previous version.
- (979700) - Timeline: Fixed an issue where custom tracks could be lost if they contained compile errors.
- (986905) - Video: Fixed Media Foundation hang that would eventually freeze the Editor.
- (986237) - Web: Fixed file URI support with multibyte chars in UnityWebRequest/WWW.
- (980326) - Web: MadeContent-Disposition for file sections standard-compliant in UnityWebRequest POST.
- (974046) - Web: Ensured only use non-chunked data transfer in WWW.
- (971293) - XR: Fixed early out of Virtual Reality SDK list when SDKs that are unsupported in play mode try to initialize. Also Improved log messages around the Virtual Reality SDK list in Play Mode.
- (973815) - Android: Fixed decimal point button in decimal keyboard for older Samsungs.
- (978299) - Animation: Fixed InvalidOperationException when clicking cancel in 'Add Animation Clip' dialog window in animation window.
- (932926) - Editor: Collaborate no longer deletes ignored files when restoring to an older version.
- (978478) - OSX: Fixed IDE does not get focused when opening script on Mac.
- (978636) - OSX: Fixed VS for Mac opens new instance after Unity was reopened.
- (827158) - OSX: Fixed detached Editor windows go behind the Editor when clicked outside of them.
- (971980) - Particles: Fixed support for entering Infinity into the Start Lifetime field.
- (968096) - Particles: Fixed Duration field when used on Sub-Emitters.
- (974867) - Particles: Fixed Stop Action when used on particles that finish off screen.
- (975289) - Particles: Fixed a crash when using RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod with a Particle System.
- (977710) - Particles: Fixed a crash when enabling certain modules via script (e.g. Size over Lifetime).
- (976439) - Profiler: Fixed deep profiling in standalone players.
- (984447) - Fixed building UWP player with IL2CPP scripting backend and Analytics enabled.
- (973918) - XR: Removed application orientation settings disable when Virtual Reality Supported was enabled and updated info message related to the settings.
- iOS: Expose APIs that allow changing home button hiding and system gesture deferral properties on runtime.
- XR: Update Google NDK to v1.100
- XR: Update Oculus to version 1.20
- XR: Update Vuforia to version 7.0.43
- XR: Added XR.WSA.HolographicSettings.IsContentProtectionEnabled. This gets or sets whether the app is displaying protected content. While content protection is enabled, rendered content will be visible only in the headset, disabling the Mixed Reality Portal's preview.
- XR: Added XR.WSA.HolographicSettings.ReprojectionMode. This gets or sets the kind of reprojection the app is requesting to stabilize its holographic rendering relative to the user's head motion.
- (978651) - 2D: Fixed NullReferenceException from Tilemap Palette when assembly changes.
- (941945) - Animation: Fixed issue with creating an ongoing transition.
- (58017) - Asset Pipeline: Cancel dialog/reimport after skipping video import processing.Dominique Leroux.
- (959444) - Build Pipeline: Improved buildpipeline performance for large builds.
- (976076) - Graphics: Fixed Crash in Projector::PrepareRenderNode after selecting GameObject in the Hierarchy.
- (970747) - Graphics: Fixed occasional TrailRenderer error message when using Local alignment and more than one width curve key.
- (957651) - Il2CPP: Fixed a crash on iOS which can occur when a device is awakened during a blocking socket call with a SIGPIPE signal.
- (963785) - IL2CPP: Fixed a C++ compiler bug in the Android r13b NDK that could cause the NullCheck method to be incorrectly removed from the resulting binary.
- (983852) - iOS: Metal: Fixed MSAA corner case causing warning messages and validation error.
- (978917) - iOS: Fix for black screen flickering when screen orientation is changed via script.
- (979002) - iOS: iPhone X, fixed problem with missing keyboard Done/Cancel buttons.
- (956318) - iOS: Fixed trampoline being able to call UI methods ([UIApplication delegate]) from background thread.
- (980302) - iOS: Fixed landscape splashscreen not enabled for iOS11 on some devices.
- (980361) - iOS: Fix iOS 11 crash when application is launched from URL and airplay screen mirroring is enabled.
- (971905) - Launcher: Fix Open project dialog stop working.
- (963246) - Launcher: Fix display of Unity Teams "Seat Required" message when project is both in the cloud and on disk.
- (969863) - Particles: Fixed particles showing visual artifacts when ribbon count was higher than the current particle count.
- (968908) - Particles: Fixed material texture becoming invisible when its shader had been set from 'Particles/Standard Surface' or 'Particles/Unlit'.
- (964377) - Particles: Fixed ribbon trail of Sub Emitter not inheriting color from spawning particle.
- (961702) - Particles: Fixed flip U/V settings being ignored after enabling Custom Vertex Streams.
- (None) - Scripting: Fixed issue with generic types not being collected correctly in Mono/.NET 2.x memory snapshot.
- (827984) - Scripting: Fixed deadlocks and pauses when using System.Threading.Monitor.
- (948492) - Scripting: Fixed mcs hanging while compiling script.
- (952631) - Scripting Upgrade: Fixed DllImport when library name is specified with a path.
- (957072) - Scripting Upgrade: Improved TypeLoadException messages.
- (907918) - Scripting Upgrade: Fixed URI processing on OSX.
- (945353) - Scripting Upgrade: Fixed InternalsVisibleTo.
- (962711) - Scripting Upgrade: Fixed value types larger than 1MB.
- (967206) - Scripting Upgrade: Fixed random crash due to memory corruption on domain reload.
- (978596) - Scripting: Fixed an issue causing GC allocation for UnityEvent handler without parameters in some cases.
- (962771) - UnityLinker: Prevented an error from the linker when an iOS type is used in an assembly on Android.
- (955086) - Universal Windows Platform: Fixed NavMeshObstacles being ignored on 64-bit master builds.
- (None) - XR: Fixed issue with capturing a screen shot image while in single-pass instancing mode.
- (None) - XR: Fixed single-pass shadow issue when used with Nvidia VRWorks.
- (966036) - Editor: Fixed input field staying highlighted after enter key is pressed.
- (960531) - Editor: Fixed dragging slider causing creation of too many undo steps.
- (976076) - Graphics: Fixed crash in Projector:PrepareRenderNode after selecting a gameobject in the hierarchy.
- (931921) - Package Manager: Fixed an issue where editor was not starting for some users by adding 127.0.0.1 address to the default list of non-proxied address.