- GI: Optimized GISceneManager.Update in order to take less processor time on scene start (769044).
- Substance: A FreezeAndReleaseSourceData() method was added to the ProceduralMaterial class. This renders the ProceduralMaterial immutable and releases some of the underlying data to decrease the memory footprint. To release even more of the underlying data, it is necessary to call Resources.UnloadUnusedAssets() afterwards. Once frozen, the ProceduralMaterial cannot be cloned, its ProceduralTextures cannot be rebuilt, nor its inputs be set.
- Audio/Scripting: An optimization was reverted while fixing (739224) and (761360) which would cause memory to once again be allocated during audio callbacks.
- (768027) - Android: Fixed missing styles.xml files.
- (741043) - Animation: Fixed a crash when changing OverrideController on Animator with no Avatar.
- (764778) - Animation: Fixed a crash where assigning an override controller with no controller to override would crash.
- (769379) - Animation: Fixed crash when editing and saving a script while in play mode.
- (739224), (761360) - Audio/Scripting: Avoid random crashes when using audio callbacks in scripts.
- (761664) - Editor: Fixed 'All new scripts are created in Editor folder if Unity installation path contains "test" keyword'.
- (753176) - Editor: Fixed crash when replacing prefabs with ALT button pressed.
- (754704) - Editor: Fixed freeze/crash on project startup.
- (760459) - Fixed crash when entering playmode if a user script would load a new scene in Awake.
- (724426) - Global Illumination: Fix for linear lighting mode looking different between the player and Editor.
- (728595), (738173) - Global Illumination: Fix for LoadLevel in the player causing lightmaps to become brighter when in Linear mode.
- (765205), (734187) - Global Illumination: Fixed brightly coloured (green/red/white/blue) pixels appearing in the directional lightmap caused by interpolation from invalid indirect lightmap data.
Note: Need to clear the GI cache and rebake to get the fixed lightmaps.
- (756506) - Global Illumination: Fixed missing Ambient when "Baked GI" is disabled and "Ambient GI" is set to Baked.
- (766208) - Il2CPP: Avoid crash on IL2CPP when searching for attributes.
- (766168) - IL2CPP: Avoid double allocation of memory for multi-dimensional arrays.
- (761763) - Il2CPP: Fixed Unity IAP on Android with IL2CPP.
- (none) - IL2CPP: Fixed an occasional crash when capturing managed heap when parts of it are not committed.
- (767334) - IL2CPP: Properly marshal arrays of four-byte bool values.
- (766208) - IL2CPP: Raised NullReferenceException when Ldvirtftn instruction had a null target.
- (755415) - iOS: Added icon for iPad Pro.
- (760747) - iOS: Fixed a crash triggered by deactivating an input while app is going into background.
- (759480) - iOS: Fix for WWW deadlock.
- (761326) - iOS: Fixed an issue where attached controllers were not found.
- (761684) - iOS: Fixed application freeze on iphone4 when rotating device.
- (761361) - iOS: Notify Transport that we finished receiving data so we can mark the buffer as complete when we get an error.
- (770160) - Linux: Fixed flickering/corrupted rendering with OpenGL Core.
- (763944) - Linux: Fixed non-native-resolution fullscreen rendering with OpenGL Core.
- (758058) - Make sure persistent transforms are not added to the active scene when running in a player.
- (754925) - MSE: Fixed the issue that SceneManager.sceneCountInBuildSettings gives 0 until entering play mode.
- (756218) - MSE: Fixed the issue that calling SceneManager.LoadScene** while exiting playmode causes scene unremovable from the hierarchy.
- (734218) - Networking: Fixed issue where NetworkManager doesn't become "ready" if online scene is set and offline scene is not.
- (748967) - Networking: Fixed issue where OnStartAuthority is called twice on hosts.
- (738047) - Networking: SyncLists now only send updates when values change.
- (761412) - OpenGL: Fixed random crashes on compute shader dispatch.
- (764701) - Particles: Fixed particle culling issues.
- (none) - Renderdoc: When making a RenderDoc capture from editor UI, make sure to include the whole frame including user script updates.
- (none) - Shaders: Fixed a shader compiler crash if a compute shader declares a samplerstate that didn't match the naming scheme.
- (none) - Shadows: Changed light shadows near plane minimum bound to either 1% of range or 0.1, whichever is lower.
- (760062) - Sprites: Occlusion Culling works correctly with X/Y flipped SpriteRenderers.
- (754556), (534658), (762897) - Substance: Fixed corner cases of outputs not being impacted by any input not being generated.
- (none) - Tizen: System permissions that are not required are no longer requested.
- (755395) - tvOS: Fixed game center score reporting due to incorrect API check.
- (756818) - Upgrades: Delete the installed Playback Engines and Documentation before upgrading Unity.
- (none) - VR: Fixed audio redirection in standalone builds (Oculus SDK 1.0+).
- (767744) - WebGL: Corrected the following compiler error which might occur in generated C++ code: "error: non-constant-expression cannot be narrowed from type 'uintptr_t' (aka 'unsigned int') to 'il2cpp_array_size_t' (aka 'int') in initializer list [-Wc++11-narrowing]".
- (765893) - Windows Store: Fixed a crash when loading C# type from plugin which was not included in the final build.
- (766755) - Windows Store: Fixed a rare crash in ARM linker (fatal error LNK1322: cannot avoid potential ARM hazard (QSD8960 P1 processor bug) in section #) when using IL2CPP scripting backend.
- (768929) - Windows Store: Mouses and touches will work correctly after locking/unlocking the screen.
- (760041) - WinRT/IL2CPP: Allow native DLLs to be loaded both with and without the .dll extension.
- (768193) - XboxOne/IL2CPP: Fixed a problem compiling generated C++ files when there is a space in the path to the project directory.
- (742199) - Android: Fixed remote frame debugger.
- (none) - Android: Marshmallow - Added the possibility to disable the permission dialog by adding metadata to the activity.
- (755510) - Android: Mono - Fixed crash on startup with Unity Ads when stripping is enabled.
- (none) - Core: Improved the error message when build data files are corrupted or from a mismatched version.
- (752733) - Editor: Fixed folder-level toggle when importing assets.
- (711720) - Editor: Fixed a bug in the property diff recorder would insert property modification on the prefab asset if it was being edited in the inspector.
- (756409) - Editor: Fixed crash when entering playmode if LoadScene was called during Awake or Start.
- (761995) - Editor: It is now possible to replace a prefab asset with a different prefab asset.
- (752855) - Graphics: D3D11 Native API now supports obtaining native Texture type underpinning a Unity Renderbuffer.
- (746302) - Graphics: Fixed building shaders correctly for WebGL in AssetBundles.
- (none) - Graphics: Fixed an issue where standard shader using directional lightmaps could output NAN to the framebuffer. This would corrupt the framebuffer if any effects were used that spanned multiple frames.
- (753593) - Graphics: Fixed occasional movie texture crash with multiple movies present.
- (none) - Graphics: Reduced framerate spikes where culling system could sometimes stall for several ms while waiting for jobs.
- (766642) - IL2CPP: Generate proper C++ code for marshaling wrappers of methods that have System.Guid as a parameter type.
- (761412) - OpenGL: Fixed random crashes on compute shader dispatch.
- (760830) - Particles: Ensure consistent direction between 3D and 1D rotation.
- (757969) - Particles: Fixed a collision crash.
- (763041) - Particles: Fix for terrains ignoring collision layers.
- (758197) - Particles: Fixed support for negative inherit velocity values.
- (765300) - Physics: Fixed center of mass and inertia tensor being reset after game object was reactivated.
- (763806) - Physics: Rigidbodies without non-trigger colliders can. have custom center of mass and inertia tensor again
- (767645) - tvOS: Fixed build error with Xcode trampoline.
- (none) - VR: Dynamically switch to headset's audio output / input driver (Oculus SDK 1.0+).
- (none) - VR: Fixed VR Splash screen color precision. No Longer limited to half the color spectrum for RGBA32.
- (none) - VR: Mask invisible pixels so GPU time is not wasted (Oculus SDK 1.0+).
- (765876) - Windows Store Apps: building from Unity will no longer overwrite project.json file if it was modified in solution.
- (759735) - Windows Store Apps: When building from Unity files in Visual Studio solution will not be overwritten if identical.
- Smart TV: Correspond 2016 TV's fonts and remote controller.
- (759408), (760759) - Android/iOS: Animation - Fixed Euler angles on rotation causing Transform to be set to NaN.
- (none) - BlackBerry: Removed BlackBerry option from build player settings window.
- (761784) - Code stripping: Prevent the Particle System from being stripped if the Particle System Renderer is used and engine code stripping is enabled.
- (730441) - Editor: Fixed editor freeze when picking in scene with many overlapping game objects.
- (none) - Further OpenGL ES & desktop OpenGL (Shader compiler) bugfixes.
- (757330) - Graphics: Fixed rendering of deferred reflections when last object rendered before them had negative scale.
- (761584) - Graphics: Fixed crash when using GL.Begin quad rendering with non-multiple-of-4 vertex count.
- (764084) - Graphics: Fixed occasional MovieTexture crash (regression in 5.3).
- (650870) - Graphics: In Editor OpenGL ES 2.0 emulation increase max cubemap size to 1024 (from 512).
- (741166) - IL2CPP: Fixed Array.Copy when destination array type is wider than source array type (e.g. int -> long).
- (761530) - IL2CPP: Fixed Stfld/Ldfld opcode usage generated by MS C# compiler.
- (765910) - iOS/IL2CPP: Prevent a managed exception on 64-bit builds during some array creation operations which has the message "ArgumentException: Destination array was not long enough. Check destIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds".
- (754816) - iOS/OSX: Fixed SIMD math, which fixes skinning on iOS and source code compilation on OSX.
- (736756) - iOS/Video: AVKit based player didn't show "done" button on iOS 8+.
- (none) - iOS/Video: Fixed MPMoviePlayer error handling for invalid files.
- (746018), (729470) - iOS/Video: Improved MPMoviePlayer/AVKit orientation and view controller handling.
- (745346) - iOS/Video: Scaling mode behaviour fixes for iPad Pro.
- (none) - iOS: Handheld.PlayFullScreenMovie only allows playing one movie at a time.
- (534752) - iOS: While entering background/foreground, improve player pause/resume handling to check if external parties (like video player) currently manage the paused state.
- (731237) - Mecanim: Fixed changing Animator.runtimeAnimatorController while running crashes editor.
- (743239) - Shadows: Fixed "half of scene all in shadows" artifacts in some scene/camera setups.
- (none) - Smart TV: Fixed a problem to show custom splash screen.
- (740180) - Tizen: Fixed cursor initially starting in the wrong position on screen.
- (none) - Tizen: Fixed OpenGL crashing issues on the Z300F.
- (740172) - Tizen: Input field will no longer show when return is pressed on an empty entry.
- (none) - VR: Backend work to support DX12 in the future.
- (762582) - Windows Store: Fixed a "MdilXapCompile failed" error when trying to build Visual Studio project for Windows Phone 8.1. This used to happen when the Unity game had over 8000 classes across all assemblies.
- (760989) - Windows Store: Fixed a crash which happened on "Windows N" versions when using IL2CPP scripting backend.
- (762926) - Windows Store: Fixed an issue which caused small tiles get copied to Visual Studio solution incorrectly for Windows Phone 8.1 SDK.
- (none) - Windows Store: Fixed antialising when calling Screen.SetResolution on Universal Windows 10 Apps/.
- (764378) - Windows Store: Fixed Application.Quit() when using D3D project type or IL2CPP scripting backend.
- (764632) - Windows Store: Fixed error "Task 'ExpandPriContent' failed." which occurred when trying to build an application package with IL2CPP scripting backend when using default Unity icons.
- (none) - Windows Store: Fixed Visual studio graphics debugger crashing when trying to debug Windows Phone 8.1 projects.
- (none) - Windows Store: Screen.Resolution(, , true) will no longer ignore width and height, so you can set your desired resolution on Universal Windows 10 Apps.
- (748845) - Windows Store: Screen.resolutions will return a valid value.
- IL2CPP: Removed warnings from generated C++ code when compiling with clang.
- (754282) - 2D: Fixed memory leak when applying changes to sprite.
- (741003) - Android: Fixed internal profiler on Gear VR.
- (738843) - Android: Timeout no longer happens when an application is sent to the background.
- (756198) - AssetBundle: Loading multiple invalid asset bundles fails correctly now.
- (736556) - AssetBundle: Change to use natural sorting when listing the AssetBundle names.
- (756567) - AssetBundle: Fixed the AssetBundle loading error which was built with DisableWriteTypeTree enabled.
- (716166) - AssetBundle: Fixed the hash collision when building AssetBundles.
- (743704) - AssetBundle: Fixed the issue that LoadAsset(name) returns null if a bundle contains a prefab and another asset with the same name.
- (715753) - AssetBundles: Fixed AssetBundle.CreateFromFile retaining file descriptor. - The previous fix was incomplete.
- (760985) - Audio: Fixed mixer reverb effects getting cut off early in standalone builds.
- (757799) - Core: Fixed crash when game object that is a child of a missing prefab is deleted.
- (750117) - Editor: Fixed game object duplicates on play when reference to that game object is set in another scene.
- (none) - Frame Debugger: Even when it was not used, it was creating some overhead in development standalone builds. Reduced that.
- (756849) - Graphics: Fixed crash when calling Graphics.DrawMesh with null material.
- (none) - Graphics: Fixed gpu memory leak in the splash animation.
- (740782) - Graphics: Fixed a crash in the editor when switching graphics API from a non-DX9 API e.g. DX11.
- (none) - Graphics: Fixed profiling related information (SetGpuProgramName) performance issue in development player builds.
- (760665) - Graphics: Fixed SkinMeshInfo memory leak.
- (724664) - Graphics: Textures imported as cubemaps now are properly marked as non-readable if import option says so. Saves memory!
- (724547) - IL2CPP: Implemented support for Assembly.GetReferencedAssemblies and Module.GetTypes()
- (none) - iOS/Xcode: Added .tbd extension support.
- (759212) - iOS: Fixed code completion for iOS Editor Extensions.
- (759459) - Mono: Corrected a crash in mono_string_to_utf8_checked when Marshal.StructureToPtr is called from managed code.
- (none) - Mono: Resolved intermittent crash caused by a race condition that occurs when using managed threads.
- (none) - OpenGL ES & desktop OpenGL (Shader compiler): Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
- (756786) - Particles: Fixed IsFinite error spam with particles and second camera.
- (756971) - Particles: Fixed issue where particle system is stopped and cleared and after that it won't play when simulation space is set to local.
- (756194) - Particles: Fixed: particle system only playing once.
- (756725) - Particles: Fixed: particle system not playing when triggered via Event Trigger.
- (696610) - Particles: Fixed issue where particles are not drawn in the correct order on rotated particle systems.
- (759502) - Particles: Fixed the issue of particles disappearing after going offscreen and returning.
- (756742) - Particles: Fixed issue whereby particles systems are not looping correctly.
- (755677) - Particles: Fixed issue where ParticleSystem.IsAlive() always returns True for particle systems with longer duration.
- (723993) - Particles: Fixed wrong culling of some particle objects caused by incorrect bounds calculation due to parent scaling.
- (757461) - Particles: Fixed issue where particle system doesn't play if method is called via Invoke fixed.
- (745121) - Particles: Particles are now emitted with the correct position//rotation when using a Skinned Mesh Renderer or Mesh Renderer as shape.
- (754405) - Scripting: Fixed issue that causes UnityScript to incorrectly detect some methods return type.
- (739376), (740617) - UI: Fixed "Trying to add (Layout Rebuilder for) Content (UnityEngine.RectTransform) for layout rebuild while we are already inside a layout rebuild loop." error.
- (753423), (758106) - UI: Fixed flickering/texture swapping issues.
- (747512) - UI: Fixed issue with incorrect accent calculation for non-dynamic fonts.
- (759841) - VR: Fixed crash when trying to enter play mode when the Plugin was not loaded or the Oculus runtime was not installed.
- (755122), (717989), (734122) - VR: Fixed Skybox clipping issue.
- (none) - VR: Fixed VR Focus and VR ShouldQuit not respecting notifications when the Device was disconnected.
- (none) - XboxOne: Fixed a bug with YUY2 processing on the XboxOne.
- Documentation: In the scripting API, added information to Graphics.SetRenderTarget() and CommandBuffer.SetRenderTarget() about using linear lighting mode. Updated the wording about using linear lighting mode in the Graphics.Blit() entry.
- iOS/IL2CPP: Added support for Xcode 7.3 (don't use __declspec attributes).
- Samsung TV: Added support for 2016 TVs.
- MSE: Prevent calling some Editor mode only APIs on EditorSceneManager from play mode, including EditorSceneManager.OpenScene, EditorSceneManager.SaveScene etc.
- MSE: Prevent calling some play mode only APIs on SceneManager from Editor mode, including SceneManager.LoadLevel, SceneManager.LoadLevelAsync etc.
- (745139) - Animation: Fixed an issue with stepped keys having the wrong value.
- (745781) - Animation: Fixed animation events not firing on the last frame of a looping animation.
- (754373) - Animation: Fixed crash when deleting all Euler keys in animation curve
- (753866) - Animation: Fixed Crossfade called subsequently not properly interrupting transition.
- (none) - AssetBundles: Fixed the assetbundle reading bug when compressed data could be read as uncompressed.
- (715753) - AssetBundles: Fixed AssetBundle.CreateFromFile retaining file descriptor.
- (none) - AssetBundles: Fixed memory leak when loading asset bundles with lzma compression.
- (none) - AssetBundles: Fixed possible assetbundle caching error when starting multiple downloads with an empty cache.
- (747492) - Direct3D: improved performance in GPU bound scenarios.
- (754487) - Graphics (Editor): In play mode set the graphics device sRGB write mode to match the lighting mode e.g. enable sRGB write mode in linear lighting mode.
- (none) - Graphics: Fixed crash when setting shader properties.
- (760943) - IL2CPP: Do not incorrectly free blittable arrays marshaled as [In,Out] parameters.
- (758926) - IL2CPP: Prevent a NotImplementedException exception from occurring in il2cpp.exe when the Unbox opcode is used with certain generics. This usually occurs when an assembly is built with Visual Studio.
- (none) - IL2CPP: Removed an unnecessary Box used to null check before calling a virtual method.
- (none) - iOS: Fixed Apple Pencil position reporting on iPad Pro.
- (754068) - Lines & Trails: Fixing issue where rendering in VR was offset for one eye.
- (752423) - MSE: Fixed a crash when trying to get the root count on an invalid Scene.
- (751923) - MSE: Fixed loading new unsaved scene during playmode using Application.LoadLevel(index) or SceneManager.LoadScene(index).
- (753550) - MSE: Now make sure inspector in ActiveEditorTracker for MonoBehaviours are not garbage collected. The ActiveEditorTracked manages the objects itself.
- (752599) - MSE: Throw null reference exception if SerializedObject has been disposed.
- (none) - OpenGL (legacy): Added work around buffer state tracking failure.
- (742591) - OpenGL: Fixed binary shader cache, cache was always disabled because of a bug in the caps.
- (751743) - OpenGL: Fixed mipmap generation for render textures using OpenGLES.
- (none) - Samsung TV: Fixed the smarthub button problem.
- (none) - Substance: Fixed console spam about unavailable material properties.
- (752039) - Substance: Fixed a crash when checking/unchecking 'Generate all outputs' or 'Generate mipmaps' on OSX.
- (751300) - Substance: Fixed a crash when reimporting SBSARs with multiple material instances on OSX.
- (663236) - Substance: Fixed editor stutter when using RebuildTextures on OSX.
- (none) - Substance: Fixed emission color being set to opaque white when resetting a ProceduralMaterial.
- (754556) - Substance: Fixed textures not properly generated on player awake when affected only by constant inputs.
- (none) - Substance: Output textures from ProceduralMaterials without any input are now always generated.
- (740182) - WebGL: Prevent browser from processing Arrow Keys.
- (747236) - WebGL: Prevent browser from processing Backspace and Tab key presses.
- (747549) - Windows Store: Fixed AccessViolationException when initializing matchmaking in UNet.
- (755473) - Windows Store: Fixed TouchScreenKeyboard crashes when it's members are used immediately after Open().
- Added link to learn more about Unity Cloud Build in the Build Player window.
- Tizen: Now supports tizenstore URL protocol to open up tizen store pages.
- VR: Applications that lost Focus no longer throttle the CPU.
- (753610) - IL2CPP: Fixed StateMachineBehaviour messages not being executed if stripping is enabled.
- (none) - [API Updater] Fixed possible crashes in ScriptUpdater.exe when resolving types.
- (none) - [AssetLoading]: Fixed excessive memory usage when decompressing assetbundles with many objects inside (very large serializedfile).
- (none) - [Profiler] Fixed excessive memory usage in development players.
- (750442) - [Substance]: Fixed a rare crash that could happen around the destruction of animated ProceduralMaterials.
- (none) - [Windows 10]: Fixed incorrect display of Korean characters on Windows 10 (if Korean language pack is not installed) and Windows Phone 10, Unity will now fallback to "Malgun Gothic" font.
- (743739) - Android: Fixed a crash when loading many asset bundles.
- (754108) - Editor: Display console documentation items in the help menu, when console docs are present, but the main documentation is not installed.
- (754928) - Fixed an issue where enabling vertex compression for positions could result in geometry not being rendered.
- (755088) - IL2CPP: Ensure that the header file for a type defined in a different assembly is included when that type is used for a method parameter.
- (752197) - IL2CPP: Fixed double.Parse with InvariantCulture.
- (756447) - IL2CPP: Forward declare a type and marshaled type in the method declarations header for marshaling methods so that the order of includes does not matter.
- (670027) - IL2CPP: Implemented support for MetadataToken property on the following types: FieldInfo, EventInfo, MethodInfo, ConstructorInfo, PropertyInfo, Type, and Module.
- (754539) - iOS/IL2CPP: Correct stack traces in exception messages, which could sometimes miss managed frames.
- (754562) - Mecanim: Fixed a bug where Euler rotations would be retained in scene after scrubbing animation.
- (752955) - Mecanim: Fixed a bug where Euler rotations would not work in Legacy Animations.
- (748936) - Networking: Added a 'connecting' state and cancel button to NetworkManagerHUD UI to prevent multiple attempts to connect at the same time.
- (757766) - Networking: Fixed 'recursion depth exceeded' error for complex NetworkBehaviour scripts.
- (746011) - Networking: Fixed ClientScene object list being wrong after host migration.
- (755391) - Networking: Fixed NetworkAnimator not working for non-player objects
- (756153) - Networking: Fixed NetworkServer.SendToAll sends the message to the host twice.
- (755450) - Networking: Fixed SyncEvent regression issue.
- (745795) - Networking: Fixed SyncList updates don't use a configurable network channel.
- (744002) - Networking: Fixed UI that allowed host migration to be enabled for WebGl platform where it is not supported.
- (751239) - Networking: OnStopAuthority called on server when it should not be.
- (729157) - Networking: Prevent [Command] functions from accepting NetworkConnection objects as parameters, which causes a UNetWeaver error.
- (749338) - Networking: Prevent NetworkIdentity objects from being server-only and local-player-authority at the same time, as this is not a valid configuration.
- (744007) - Physics: Fixed memory corruption/crash when deactivating a collider from inside of OnTriggerStay.
- (755612) - Physics: PlatformEffector2D now supports negative scaling on parent Transform.
- (750266) - Scripting: UnusedByteCodeStripper2 will show a better error message when processing assemblies, so it will be easier to identify offending assembly.
- (759336) - Shaders: During surface shader generation, do not initialise non-vector type members of the Input struct i.e. a struct/int/matrix as a member variable of the Input struct.
- (none) - UI: Added fix so that the placeholder text is enabled when the InputField is deactivated and the text is empty.
- (741751) - UI: Removed remaining uses of multiple display system.(Temporary fix whilst none native resolutions are not supported).
- (731324) - VR: Fixed Render Scale not reverting after being edited in play mode.
- (732236) - VR: Fixed VRDevice.isPresent reporting true on first frame if Device was not connected at start.
- (753256) - VR: Stereo Cameras correctly respect camera depth when rendering to the game view and HMD.
- (754533) - Windows Store: Fixed a build failure (rrw failure) when calling methods with System.Numerics.Matrix4x4 as parameter.
- (756086) - Windows Store: Fixed Screen.SetResolution when upscaling lower resolution to fullscreen, previously you would see a corrupt image on the screen.
- (730289) - Windows Store: Fixed WheelCollider on x64 (NullReferenceException occurring).
- (746301) - Windows Store: Fixed player crashing on startup on .NET scripting backend.
- (759166) - Windows Store: RunInBackground option will be respected when application window looses focus, and if enabled, the application will keep updating. Note: if application window is minimized it will be still paused, because OS suspends the application.
- (750357) - iOS: Added font containing Lao characters to the fallback list.
- (none) - iOS: Don't enable bitcode by default for Mono.
- (none) - OpenGL core: Fixed a crash with AMD and NVIDIA on Windows when using RenderTexture with recent drivers.
- (none) - OpenGL core: Fixed a crash with Intel GPUs on Linux.
- (none) - OpenGL core: Fixed text rendering with AMD GPUs on OSX 10.9.
- (756734), (756754) - OpenGL ES: Fixed crashes with new Samsung firware.
- (752821) - [treeview] Make right and left arrow select next/previous parent for fast expand/collapse.
- (758120) - WebGL: Fixed a crash when setting Application.runInBackground, if Strip Engine Code is enabled.
- (706098) - Compute: Improved compute shader import times, particularly on Windows (since 5.1 we were always compiling them for GL4.3+GLES3.1 too, while most people only need DX11).
- (754898) - GI: Light probes and ambient (everything with SH calculations) match ground truth more closely now.
- IL2CPP: Optimize method prologues for code size and incremental builds.
- SceneManagement: Add Scene.GetRootGameObjects() to return the root game objects of the scene.
- SceneManagement: Add SceneManager.CreateScene() API to allow creating new empty scene at runtime
- tvOS: Enable Dynamic GI
- iOS: Enable bitcode support by default.
- (687655) - Core: Fixed: Not ignoring '~' folders in projects
- (none) - Android: Fixed NullReferenceException on x86 devices running Android 5.0 or newer.
- (750362) - Android: Fixed Cloth::SetUpSkinnedBuffers() crash.
- (none) - DX11/XB1: Fixed FP16 static batched mesh vertex compression to actually work there, was always decompressing to FP32 before.
- (none) - DX11: Fixed wrong VRAM detection on some Intel GPUs, resulting in shadows not being rendered.
- (none) - Editor: Fixed MissingMethodException when using some of the API from UnityEngine.WSA namespace.
- (754898) - GI: Fixed light probes / skybox ambient being wrong in some cases, 5.3 regression.
- (740808), (747666) - Global Illumination: Enlighten – Fixed an issue where Unity crashed if scene was unloaded before it got a chance to fully load.
- (752879) - Graphics: Fixed - Realtime reflection probes in some cases did not have trilinear filtering properly set on them.
- (691038) - IL2CPP: Ensure thread id is valid for all threads.
- (752737), (751428) - IL2CPP: Fixed an issue that caused a crash in Class::IsSubclassOf.
- (737529) IL2CPP: Fixed ExecutionEngineException being thrown on System.Reflection.MonoProperty::GetterAdapterFrame.
- (752153) - IL2CPP: Implemented out marshaling for arrays correctly.
- (746822) - IL2CPP: Implemented the Thread::Abort and Thread::ResetAbort methods. This should allow a Socket to be closed properly while another thread is waiting in a call to Accept or Connect on that socket.
- (749988), (733609) - IL2CPP: Properly cleanup when a native thread is cancelled rather than exiting normally.
- (750153) - IL2CPP: Provide a proper argument for instance methods on value types invoked via a delegate.
- (none) - iOS/IL2CPP: Fire all GC profiler events. Fixed GC data in internal profiler.
- (755365) - iOS/tvOS: Build all object files with correct SDK.
- (752178) - iOS: Added bitcode support.
- (750311) - iOS: Added Xcode 7.2 to iOS plugin compatibility list.
- (749289) - iOS: Duplicate another image layer when not all are defined.
- (725558) - iOS: Hindi characters are displayed now.
- (none) - Linux: Fixed a corner case where tearing would occur on some WMs even with vsync enabled.
- (753595) - Mecanim: Fixed a bug where lights would not be animated in Legacy.
- (752847) - Mecanim: Fixed a bug where RectTransform couldn't be animated in Legacy.
- (none) - Metal: Wrongly claimed to support DXT1/DXT5 texture formats on iOS, and ETC on Mac.
- (691466) - Mono: Preserve non-volatile XMM registers across calls on 64-bit Windows during JIT compilation.
- (none) - OpenGL core: Fixed shaders with multiple const arrays.
- (755423) - Particles: Fixed error message spam on particle systems that have no particles (5.3.1 regression).
- (none) - SamsungTV: Fixed wrong jpg library access problem.
- (748904) - SceneManagement: Fixed the issue that script association was lost when another scene was loaded.
- (none) - SceneManagement: Fixed the issue that the unloaded scenes would be removed from the hierarchy when entering playmode, if they were first in the hierarchy
- (none) - Shaders: Fixed a bug in Standard shader GGX specular term, introduced in 5.3.
- (none) - Shaders: More proper environment reflection in Standard shader for very rough surfaces.
- (753925) - tvOS: Fixed rendering path selector in player settings.
- (756044) - tvOS: Fixed missing symbols for simulator builds.
- (none) - tvOS: Fixed UnityEngine.Apple.TV.Remote API access in editor.
- (740782) - UI: Fixed crash in some cases after deleting world space Canvas.
- (751207) - Windows Store Apps: Populate autorotation settings to screen manager.
- (752546) - Windows Store Apps: Fixed Directory.CreateDirectory() for forward slashes.
Choose the appropriate installer following the appropriate links at the top of this page.
Also included below are the md5sum and file size in order to verify the full installers have been downloaded correctly. If your installer doesn’t work or reports errors it is possible that your installer is incomplete.