Brand-new to Unity?
The Ultimate Guide to Game Development with Unity is the perfect way to get your feet wet. In this online course, you’ll gain the foundational skills you need to make 2D and 3D games. And no prior programming experience is required!Learn more and enroll now
A fast-paced and fun introduction to Unity
Curious about Unity and want to find out what it’s all about? This online course is a perfect fit for people just getting started. Whether you’re a student or hobbyist, or you aspire to become a game designer, this course will put you on the road to a whole new kind of creativity.
You’ll create a 2D galaxy shooter game and a 3D first person controller game while learning the features of the Unity Editor. The instructional videos are high-energy and easy to follow, and they’ll give you a glimpse into the exciting world of game development.
Built for all experience levels, all ages
This online course features 12 hours of video instruction and 30 interactive challenges.
- Master beginner C# concepts, like variables, “if” statements, and arrays
- Detect collisions, receive user input, and create player movements
- Create power-ups including triple shots, laser beams, speed boosts, and shields
- Apply shaders that transform your game backgrounds
- Create enemies with basic AI behavior
- Collect and destroy game objects
- Implement sound effects, background music, and particle effects
- Activate and use Unity’s Team Collaboration service
- Navigate the Unity Engine and discover unique features like the Asset Store
- Deploy your game to over 20 web or mobile platforms
The Instructor: Jonathan Weinberger has developed several Unity games for Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, the casino industry, and various indie game companies. He has also developed real-world enterprise augmented reality applications for companies like GE, Coca-Cola, and ThyssenKrupp. He got his start in programming when he was 16-years-old, developing private game servers for a popular MMO.
Prerequisites: No prior programming or Unity experience required.
Price: Introductory prices as low as US $10 (listed at US $190) for lifetime access.
Explore other Learning and Certification products
Designed for aspiring game developers, these online courses take you from a foundational to a professional level of understanding game development in Unity. Created in partnership with Pluralsight.
Prepare for the Unity Certified Developer exam with this hands-on course.
Start creating with Unity
Get The Ultimate Guide to Game Development with Unity today and discover the world of game development.Enroll now