Master bleeding-edge XR skills
XR is changing the world, and these courses put you at the forefront of VR and AR development for mobile and handheld devices. Get all three courses for one affordable price.Enroll now
Introduction to XR: VR, AR, and MR Foundations
In the first course, you’ll learn about the underlying technologies that have enabled the development of practical VR, AR, and MR platforms for the mass market, such as Google Cardboard and the Augmented Reality powering Pokémon Go. You’ll get your feet wet with VR and AR development in Unity while developing a concept for your own XR application.
- What is XR?
- XR inputs, processes, and outputs
- The VR platform landscape and app ecosystem
- VR UX Paradigms
- Machine vision and spatial computing
- Location and position tracking
- Convergence and the future of XR
- Intermediate Unity developer skills
- Strong C# programming skills
Mobile VR App Development with Unity
In this course, you’ll learn Mobile VR development skills that will enable you to create high-performance applications for platforms like Samsung Gear VR, Google Daydream, and Oculus Go. You'll start with the Unity project files for an incomplete VR app called “VR Campus”, then progressively add functionality for gaze-based triggers, controller tracking, locomotion, object manipulation, and UI implementation.
- VR development SDKs and frameworks
- Debugging and profiling VR projects
- Positional audio
- Gaze-based triggers
- The Unity XR APIs
- Mobile VR controller tracking
- Raycasting and hit detection for locomotion and interaction
- Implementing object manipulation
- Optimizing text and UI for VR
Handheld AR App Development with Unity
Some of the most exciting XR applications don’t need a special headset. Handheld Augmented Reality uses the capabilities of popular smartphones to create a magical mirror on our existing world. In this course, you’ll learn how to use Unity’s AR Foundation package to create applications for iOS and Android platforms where the real and virtual worlds collide. By the end of the course, you’ll have built a functioning Unity project with code you can re-use for any future AR project work.
- Spatial computing and SLAM
- The Unity AR Foundation package
- Pose tracking
- Environmental detection
- Raycasting and physics for AR
- Light estimation
- Working with ARCore and ARKit
- AR design best practices
Explore other Unity programming courses
Now available! Get ready for the Unity Certified Programmer exam with courseware developed by Unity.