Unity Ads Publisher Guidelines
Last updated: June 22, 2016
Publishers utilizing Unity Ads must comply with the following guidelines, which may be updated by Unity Ads from time to time. Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in suspension or termination of your account and ability to utilize Unity Ads at any time.
Publishers shall not publish or use applications or the Unity Ads services to:
- Disseminate or promote malware, spyware, adware, viruses or other harmful or deleterious software routines;
- Disseminate content that interferes with or automatically modifies any configuration or settings affecting the hardware or software on any end user’s device;
- Use or encourage or facilitate others to use optimization services and/or software to fraudulently inflate user actions or information regarding user actions;
- Generate or facilitate actions that are based on fraudulent or deceptive practices, including the use of deceptive implementation methods, robots or other automated tools to generate or simulate user actions or encourage or facilitate any illegitimate user actions;
- Disseminate content that automatically redirects end users or initiates a download or similar action without user interaction (e.g., without an intended click).
- Frame any advertisement or layer any advertisement over or under another advertisement.
- Encourage or facilitate others to take actions with payments or anything of value other than in-game content or in-game currency (including offering cash, gift cards, etc.);
- Promote transfers of in-game content or in-game currency into anything of monetary value, including cash, gift cards, etc.;
- Promote activities, content, substances, services, products or materials that are illegal or prohibited in any state or country or other jurisdiction where an application is published;
- Solicit end user personal information in connection with any advertisement rendered through the Unity Ads service;
- Disseminate or promote content that is disparaging or hateful towards any race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality or legally-protected status;
- Promote the sale of alcohol, tobacco, tobacco-related products, electronic cigarettes, weapons, ammunition, illegal drugs, narcotics, drug paraphernalia or products that are replicas or imitations of designer goods;
- Disseminate content that includes or consists of real-money gambling, sweepstakes or any similar activities;
- Display or disseminate any content of a graphic sexual nature, including pornographic or obscene images, videos or text;
- Violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, rule or regulation, including the laws and regulations governing (i) misleading, false or deceptive advertising, (ii) mobile advertising or marketing, (iii) anti-discrimination, or (iv) unfair competition;
- Disseminate content which is defamatory or libelous or constitutes trade disparagement or libel;
- Infringe on any party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or proprietary rights or any party’s right of publicity or privacy; or
- Engage in practices that Unity Ads, after considering established industry standards, but in its sole discretion, determines to be unfair, misleading, deceptive or damaging to Unity Ads’ users or business or otherwise inappropriate