Last updated September 20, 2017
Apps (including, placements within App) may not contain:
- Content, features or functionality that disseminate or promote malware, spyware, adware, a Trojan horse, viruses or other harmful or deleterious software routines.
- Content, features or functionality that interfere with or automatically modify any configuration or settings affecting the hardware or software on any End-User’s device or prevent the End-User’s ability to navigate within an App (e.g., preventing an End-User from navigating away from a placement).
- Content, features or functionality that generate or facilitate actions that are based on fraudulent or deceptive practices or pretenses, including the use of deceptive implementation methods, robots or other automated tools to generate or simulate End-User actions or encourage or facilitate any illegitimate End-User actions.
- Content, features or functionality that automatically redirect End-Users or initiate a download or similar activity without End-User interaction (e.g., without an intended click).
- Content that displays or promotes activities, content, substances, services, products or materials that are illegal or prohibited in any jurisdiction where an App is published.
- Content, features of functionality designed to collect information from an End-User under false pretenses.
- Solicitations for End-User personal information in connection with any Ad.
- Content promoting the sale or use of tobacco, tobacco-related products, electronic cigarettes, illegal drugs, narcotics or drug paraphernalia.
- Content which is defamatory or libelous or constitutes trade disparagement or libel.
- Content, features or functionality which infringe on any party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or proprietary right or any right of publicity or privacy.
- Content, features or functionality that are unfair, misleading, deceptive or damaging to the businesses of Unity and/or any of its Demand Partners.
- Content, features or functionality that violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, rule or regulation, including the laws and regulations governing (i) misleading, false or deceptive advertising, (ii) mobile advertising or marketing, (iii) anti-discrimination, or (iv) unfair competition.
- Content, features or functionality that includes or consists of real-money gambling, sweepstakes or any similar activities.
- Content, features or functionality that involve or promote transfers of in-game content or in-game currency into anything of monetary value, including cash, gift cards, etc.
- Content, features or functionality that use means to fraudulently inflate or simulate End-User actions or information regarding End-User actions.
- Content that displays or disseminates significant profanity or content of a graphic sexual nature, including nude, sexually suggestive, pornographic or obscene images, videos or text.
- Content that threatens or advocates for harm to oneself or others or harasses, intimidates or bullies an individual or group of individuals.
- Content that incites hatred against, promotes discrimination of, or disparages an individual or group on the basis of their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or other characteristic that is associated with systemic discrimination or marginalization.
- Content promoting hate groups or hate group paraphernalia.
- Content that encourages others to believe that a person or group is inhuman, inferior, or worthy of being hated on the basis of their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or other characteristic that is associated with systemic discrimination or marginalization.
- Content that depicts, contains, or provide access to excessively violent content or content that glorifies human suffering, death, self-harm or violence against animals.
- Content promoting irresponsible alcohol consumption, including the favorable portrayal of excessive, binge, or competition drinking.
- Content that drives traffic to online pharmacies.
- Content that offers or promotes the sale of fake or counterfeit goods.
- Content that promotes, facilitates or advocates the sales of weapons, weapon accessories or ammunition.
- Content with any activity designed to sell advertising under fraudulent pretenses.
- Content that Unity deems morally reprehensible.
- Content, features or functionality that violate the Placement Policy, Invalid Activity Policy or Rewarded Inventory Policy.
The determination of what constitutes a violation of the Content Policy will be made in Unity’s sole discretion.