Welcome to Unity for Tizen
If you have developed Unity project before, you can make a Tizen application easily.
- Just install Tizen SDK and add a device
- Click [Build And Run] button on Unity SDK.
- In some cases, you need to upgrade your Unity project to the latest version. But it just takes a little effort.
If you are interested in this, follow the detailed steps below.
Install Tizen SDKs and add a device
- JRE or JDK is required.
- [Caution] If you use 64bit OS, install 64bit JRE or JDK manually. Otherwise, if you use 32 bit browser, java.com site will recommend 32bit JRE even though your OS is 64 bit.
- Download proper version and install JRE or JDK. http://java.com
- Install Tizen 2.4 SDK for all devices. It will support all devices based on Tizen with versions 2.3 or higher.
- After installation, device setting is required. (Currently, emulator is not supported.)
- Find [Certification], [enable usb debugging], [CLI environment] on the site below. http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/tizen-setup.html
Setup Unity SDK
- Download Unity SDK with version 5.3 or higher. https://unity3d.com/get-unity/update
- Sometimes, we face some problems and patches are necessary. To get this faster, you can access the site below. https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/patch-releases
- Install with [Tizen Build Support].
- After installation, check 2 things more.
- Check Tizen location : [Edit > Preferences > External tools > Tizen SDK Location]
- Check Signing : [File > build setting > Tizen > Player Settings > Signing Profile Name] (made from step 1.C)
- If your project was made based on Unity with versions under 5.x, you need to upgrade the project to the latest version.
- [Caution] Before upgrading, make another copy of your application. Check the pop-up messages below.
- For detailed information on upgrading, visit the site below. http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UpgradeGuides.html
Now you are ready to make a Tizen Package(TPK). Click [Build And Run].
You can see a TPK file in your project folder.
If you face any issue on these steps, please use the bug report system on Unity SDK.
[Help > Report a Bug…]
And, one last thing: Visit the site below and register your application on Tizen Store.