TIZEN App Challenge Terms and Conditions
These rules are the general terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") that outline the basic rules such as eligibility, how to participate, and judging criteria that apply to the "TIZEN App Challenge made with Unity" ("Challenge") organized by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. ("Samsung"). Specific rules relating to the Challenge are displayed on the challenge website and are incorporated herein ("Specific Rules(criteria and requirements").
By entering the Challenge, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, do not enter the challenge.
The Challenge is a competition designed by Samsung to motivate and reward the development of TIZEN applications ("entry") for TIZEN platform application developers ("Participant" or "You"). The Challenge is composed of two (2) steps; Step 1 and Step 2 ("Challenge steps"). The prizes consist of two (2) types. One is the "Early Bird" prize. This prize will be awarded only to the first fifty (50) entries of the Participants whose apps pass the TIZEN Store Seller Office validation and are for sale in TIZEN STORE. The other is the "Final Winner" prize for the top 3 apps which have the top download count during the challenge period.
- Participants must be registered members of TIZEN Store Seller office (http://seller.tizenstore.com/) to submit their apps.
- Participants must agree to these Terms and Conditions and comply with all matters described in these Terms as well as the relevant laws applicable to the Participants.
- Participants must have the qualifications and abilities necessary to participate in the Challenge. (If you are under 19 years old, you must acquire permission to enter the Challenge and consent on these Terms and Conditions from a parent or other guardian.
Restrictions on participation
- Any app that is funded or compensated, partially or fully, by Samsung regarding its development or promotion on TIZEN Store is not eligible to participate.
- Samsung employees and individuals who perform work related to the Challenge (individuals who are associated with the Challenge in terms of work) are not eligible to participate.
- Individuals whose participation is restricted by relevant laws of the Republic of Korea or relevant legislations, regulations, and other government policies that apply to Participants are not eligible to participate. Note that the Challenge may not be available in certain countries, including but not restricted to Cuba, Iran, Syria, North Korea, Sudan, and Myanmar, subject to change from time to time at Samsung's reasonable discretion and subject to the applicable laws. Samsung reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all Participants, and not award a prize (and to select an alternative winner) if Samsung has reasonable grounds to suspect that a winner is not eligible for these reasons.
Requirements for entries
- The game app must be available for sale in Google Play (Android) or App Store (iOS).
- The app must have over 10,000 download count total in Google Play or App Store.
- The app must be developed using the Unity engine. And only game apps may be submitted.
- Only applications that are newly available in TIZEN STORE as of August 18th, 2016 are eligible to participate.
- An existing app must be ported to TIZEN (with Unity) to be eligible for this challenge.
- Only in the case that the conditions 1), 2), 3), and 4) on Step 1 are satisfied, the Participants are eligible to register for Step 2 and have the opportunity to get prizes.
The entries must be certified by November 21st 2016, 11:59PM and must be for sale in TIZEN STORE by November 21st 2016, 11:59PM(GMT). Entries that are for sale in TIZEN STORE until the date on which the winners are announced are eligible for the contest.
- Distribution in TIZEN STORE must continue until the date on which the winners are announced.
- The applications cannot violate the intellectual property rights, reputation, privacy, or any other rights of Samsung or a third party, contain obscene or violent content, or contain any other material that violates the relevant laws or undermines public order and morality. Samsung reserves the right to cancel or modify the Challenge eligibility and/or requirements at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on the Challenge website.
3. How to Participate
- Individual participants
- Individual participants may participate alone or in a team.
- If participating in a team, the team must select one representative under whose name it will participate. The representative shall represent the team to assume all rights and responsibilities regarding Samsung. Samsung will fulfill its responsibilities through the representative and will not contact the individual team members. If a team entry is selected as a winning entry, Samsung will pay the full prize money to the representative and it is the responsibility of the representative to distribute the prize money to team members. Samsung will not become involved in any problems that occur among team members and cannot be held responsible in any way in relation to such events.
- Corporate participants
- Each corporate Participant must select one representative under whose name it will participate. The representative must have the legal authority necessary to participate as the representative of the corporation concerned, and shall represent the corporation to assume all rights and responsibilities regarding Samsung. Samsung will fulfill its responsibilities through the representative.
- Application period: August 18th, 2016 ~ November 21st, 2016 - 11:59pm (GMT)
- Submission and registration deadline: November 21st, 2016 - 11:59pm (GMT)
- Judging period: November 22nd, 2016 (GMT) ~
- Winners announced: Scheduled to be announced in November 2016. Samsung reserves the right to modify the Challenge schedule. Any changes will be posted on the Challenge website.
5. Judging Criteria
- Samsung will judge all the entries of Step 1 and Step 2 and determine the winners in accordance with the Terms and Conditions. When determining the winner, Samsung will re-examine all the entries according to the Judging Criteria of Step 1 and Step 2. Even if you have received a mail about passing Step 1, you cannot win unless you meet the requirements during the re-examination.
- Step 1
- The app is for sale in Google Play (Android) or App Store (iOS) and is using the Unity engine.
- The app must have over 10,000 download count total in Google Play or App Store.
- The app is newly available in TIZEN STORE as of August 18th, 2016. (The app must not have been published in TIZEN STORE before, meaning that it must be in the “for sale" status for the first time).
- The Participants must fill out each required field correctly and accurately.
- The Participants may submit one (1) or more apps.
- Only game apps may be submitted.
Step 2 Only the Participants who get a "Step 1 pass mail" from Samsung are eligible to participate in Step 2 and get prizes.
- The Participants must submit each required field correctly and accurately.
- Participants must port the same app that you submitted in Step 1 using TIZEN and Unity.
- The apps must be developed by TIZEN using the Unity engine.
- Only game apps can be submitted.
- The Participants can submit one (1) or more apps.
- Only the apps that support Samsung Z2 are eligible for this Challenge.
Participants must complete Step 2 and your app must be on sale in TIZEN Store by November 21, 2016, 11:59pm. Even if your app passes the TIZEN Store validation and is on sale in TIZEN Store, if you do not register Step 2, your app does not qualify. Make sure to register Step 2. Likewise, your app must be on sale in TIZEN Store until the deadline for the Challenge to be eligible.
- Step 1
- The "Early Bird" prize
- The Participants who develop the first 50 apps and make them available for sale in TIZEN STORE can get the "Early Bird" prize.
- The Participants must register for Step 2 in order to get a prize.
- The Participants are eligible to get "Early Bird" prizes when their apps pass the TIZEN Seller Office validations and are available in TIZEN STORE.
- The Participants can get one or more "Early Bird" prizes if they satisfy all conditions.
- The "Final Winner" prize
- The Participants must register for Step 2 in order to be a candidate for the "Final Winner".
- The Participants who get the "Early Bird" prize can also receive the "Final Winner" prize.
- The "Final Winner" is determined by the total download count in TIZEN STORE during a certain period.
- From the first date of sale in TIZEN STORE to November 21st, 2016 (GMT) is the period for each app’s download count.
- The "Early Bird" prize
- Samsung reserves the right to change the judging criteria.
- The details of the Challenge prizes are:
- The "Early bird" prize
- The first 50 apps can get $3,000 each when the apps are stated to be for sale in TIZEN STORE.
- The "Final Winners" will be the apps which hit the first/second/third highest number of downloads on November 21st counting from the date on which the app was made available for sale in TIZEN STORE.
- 1st prize : $20,000
- 2nd prize : $10,000
- 3rd prize : $5,000
- The "Early bird" prize
- The Participants are permitted to enter all two (2) Challenge Steps ("Step 1", "Step 2"), but shall only be eligible to win a prize in case of satisfying all conditions of Step 1 and Step 2.
- The winners will be individually notified by e-mail. A list of the winners can also be viewed on the Samsung’s microsite in unity3d.com website on the day of the winners’ announcement.
- Within seven (7) days of receiving the notification email, the winners must reply to email@example.com, with the specification of bank accounts and other relevant information necessary to receive the prize money. A failure to reply within seven (7) days of the receipt of the prize winner notification email may result in disqualification.
- The winners must pay any applicable taxes, public utility charges, and remittance fees.
- The winners must present the documentation necessary for Samsung to verify their identity and receive the prize money.
- The winners will be able to receive the prize money only if the name of the Participant matches the name of the prize recipient.
7. Matters Regarding Personal Information
- If participating as a team, the representative may provide Samsung with personal information of team members. In such cases, it is the responsibility of the representative to obtain consent from the relevant members in order to submit the information. Personal information of any other third party must also be provided through legitimate procedures in accordance with relevant laws.
- Samsung will delete all personal information as of 31st December 2016.
- Residents of the European Union (EU) will be notified of the following regarding data collection and processing in accordance with the EU laws:
- The data controller is Unity and the data recipient is Samsung.
- Your data is collected in order to operate and manage the Challenge. You have the right to access and withdraw your personal information. In certain situations, you have the right to refuse data collection. To exercise such rights, contact us in writing at Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Software Center, Seongchon-gil 56, Seocho, Seoul, Republic of Korea or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Rights and Responsibilities Regarding Entries
- The Participant retains the intellectual property rights to the entry. Rights and responsibilities will be in compliance with TIZEN Seller Office’s Terms and Conditions. (http://seller.tizenstore.com/help/termsAndConditions.as)
9. Warranty and Indemnity
- As the sole and exclusive owner of the entries, the Participants shall warrant that they do not infringe any rights of the third party including portrait rights, moral rights, design rights, patent rights, utility model rights, copyrights, challenge copyrights, and trade secrets.
- Samsung does not have the responsibility to intervene in any dispute regarding an entry or the Challenge between a Participant and a third party. Such matters are wholly the responsibility of the individuals concerned and Samsung cannot be held responsible or accountable in any way.
- If a Participant violates these Terms and Conditions or relevant laws and a dispute against Samsung arises or is likely to arise, the Participant (all team members for team Participants, the corporation as a whole for corporate Participants) shall defend Samsung at their own expense and responsibility, compensate Samsung for any losses suffered by Samsung as a result, and take all appropriate measures requested by Samsung in relation to the event.
- Samsung reserves the right to disqualify or exclude any participant from the Challenge and withhold prizes if it has reasonable grounds to believe the participant has no eligibility to participate, participated in an abnormal or illegal manner, or has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, Specific Rules, or relevant laws. If a Participant disrupts the implementation of relevant tasks or is deemed likely to do so such as by disrupting the progress of the Challenge or threatening other Participants or Samsung, or is likely to be disruptive to the implementation of the Challenge and/or other administrative process, Samsung may restrict the Participant’s participation in the Challenge, exclude the Participant from receiving any prizes, cancel any prizes, and take any other necessary measures.
- Samsung may take any action including but not restricted to requesting additional verification of the identity, age, and other relevant details when reasonably necessary in order to protect itself from fraud and other false claims. Participants who refuse any such requests may be excluded from receiving any prizes or have their prize cancelled.
- Samsung reserves the right to cancel or terminate the Challenge or amend any Specific Rules(criteria or requirements) and/or these Terms and Conditions, and Samsung cannot be held responsible without causes attributable to Samsung.
- These Terms of Conditions shall form a binding legal contract between the Participant and Samsung.
- The Challenge, the Specific Rules and the Terms and Conditions shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the Republic of Korea. In the event of any dispute regarding the Challenge, the Participant may file a lawsuit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of Seoul Central District Court of the Republic of Korea.
- Samsung reserves the right to modify the Challenge and/or any Challenge Step, and amend any Specific Rules(criteria or requirements) and/or these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on the Challenge website. Samsung reserves all rights and remedies available to it at law or in equity. Any prize money or payment payable hereunder may be subject to deduction, set-off or discount as Samsung reasonably deems necessary under the applicable laws, including but not restricted to any applicable tax codes.