Guidelines for using Unity Trademarks
We, Unity Technologies and its affiliates (“Unity”), provide these guidelines (“Guidelines”) for our customers, authorized resellers, technology partners, and the media who wish to use or to refer to Unity’s trademarks, service marks, names, symbols, indicators of source (of a product or service), designs, icons, designations, or logos (“Trademarks”). Unity’s Trademarks are extremely valuable to Unity, and these Guidelines set out the ground rules for their use. Unity has a number of Trademarks, both registered and unregistered, including the Trademarks listed here (“Unity Trademark List”). Use of Unity’s Trademarks is only allowed as provided in these Guidelines or under separate written permission by Unity, so please review these Guidelines carefully.
Authorized resellers, partners, etc.
Unity maintains certain programs for authorized resellers, technology partners, and vendors, and other arrangements with other licensees under separate written agreements. These partners may use Unity Trademarks in accordance with the terms of those agreements and these Guidelines. If an agreement does not provide for any terms concerning Unity Trademarks, these Guidelines will apply; in the event of any conflict between terms in an agreement and these Guidelines, the terms of the agreement will apply.
Usos autorizados: wordmarks
You may use Unity Trademarks that are not Unity Logos (“Unity Wordmarks” e.g., “Unity”) as follows:
- Você pode usar a marca denominativa Unity para descrever ou referir-se a produtos ou serviços Unity. (Por exemplo, para descrever que você usa o software Unity como sua ferramenta de desenvolvimento ou para promover o software Unity como um produto.)
- Você pode usar Marcas denominativas Unity para descrever ou referir-se a produtos ou serviços Unity relacionados a seus produtos ou serviços para explicar essa conexão, desde que a explicação seja verdadeira e precisa, que as Marcas denominativas Unity não sejam incorporadas às Marcas registradas de seus produtos ou serviços, e que o seu uso esteja em conformidade com estas Diretrizes. (Por exemplo, para indicar que seu produto é “compatível com o software Unity” ou que seu serviço deve fornecer “tutoriais para o software Unity”.)
- Você pode usar as Marcas denominativas Unity em qualquer tipo de materiais publicados, digitais ou não, desde que o seu uso seja consistente com todos os seguintes pontos e esteja de acordo com estas Diretrizes:
- o uso das Marcas denominativas Unity deve ter uma verdadeira relação com o assunto dos materiais;
- as Marcas denominativas Unity não figuram de forma mais proeminente nos materiais do que suas marcas registradas, incluindo marcas registradas de seus produtos e serviços; e
- você fornece um aviso de marca registrada conforme descrito nestas Diretrizes.
Permitted uses: Logos/brand assets
Unity uses many different logos, brand assets, and icons (“Logos”) in association with its business. As you can appreciate, while we are glad that many people would like to use our Logos, we need to protect the integrity of our brand (for our own sake and for our customers). Therefore, we explain in this section which Logos you can use without separate permission and how you can get permission in some other cases.
If your situation is not covered, you may make a separate request for permission below. If you are a partner, reseller, or vendor please check first if you have a separate written agreement with us concerning our Logos.
Ground rules for all logos
Unless you have a separate agreement with us to the contrary, permitted uses of our Logos must comply with these Guidelines, our Style guide, and the following general rules for Logos:
- Use current, official, unmodified Unity Logos. Each Unity Logo is an artistic asset. As such, you may only use those Unity Logos from the download source indicated to you by Unity or reproductions of master artwork provided by Unity, and you must follow any Unity Logo style guide made available by Unity. The Unity Logos may not be altered or modified in any way, including by changing the colors, changing the font, applying strokes, rearranging elements of the design, or stretching/distorting. Nor may Unity Logos be animated. Clear and consistent use is required.
- Certifique-se de que os Logótipos Unity estejam claramente visíveis. Além de evitar a distorção, você não deve reduzir o tamanho dos logótipos Unity tornando-os pouco nítidos, indefinidos ou ilegíveis.
- Certifique-se de que haja espaço livre suficiente entre os Logótipos Unity e outros elementos gráficos ou textuais. Os Logótipos Unity devem ser sempre vistos e interpretados como elementos únicos.
- Não use Logótipos Unity para "embelezar" ou "animar" seus materiais. Os Logótipos Unity são recursos artísticos e não devem ser usados para fins meramente estilísticos.
- Do not make Unity Logos the star of your show. We permit the use of our Logos for informational purposes concerning our products and services. Prominent or otherwise unmeasured use is confusing and could suggest some endorsement or affiliation.
Unity Logos and their uses that do not require separate permission
Logotipo Made with Unity(download)
“Made with Unity” promotes the fact that your creation was made with our software platform. As such, this logo may be used in association with games, apps, or other digital media you created with the Unity software platform and that you distribute to end-users.
Unity & “cube” logo(download)
Our main corporate or “house“ logo. Except where a separate written agreement controls, use of this logo without separate permission is permitted but limited to the following cases:
Promotion of Unity products/services
For the purposes of promoting Unity products/services in marketing or advertising materials, so long as the space where it is used is exclusively for Unity products/services and no others (including your own).
You may use this Unity logo in informational materials such as a blog/vlog post about Unity products/services or their use, as long as the use is non-commercial and the materials do not look like official Unity materials or like Unity has endorsed the materials.
As in other cases, it is especially important that you do not use the Unity logo in any way to promote you, your business/products/services, or anyone else or their business/products/services. You also cannot misrepresent yourself, such as claiming that you have Unity Certification if you do not.
Tab “cube” logo(download)
Permitted uses without separate permission for this logo are the same as for our main corporate logo, except that this logo is only to be used where economy of space for a logo reasonably demands it – in other words, when using the main corporate logo would result in it looking “too small,” unclear, or distorted.
Partner Badge/Verification Badge
“Crachá de Parceiro” significa qualquer um dos seguintes crachás:
“Crachá de Verificação” significa apenas o seguinte crachá:
If you have a separate written agreement with Unity for use of any “Partner Badge” or “Verification Badge,” you will be provided with instructions on how to download the logos. For any Partner Badge or Verification Badge, you must adhere to the following specific rules in addition to the general rules on permitted logo use in these Guidelines.
Specific rules for Partner Badges
A Partner Badge may only be used to illustrate the fact of the actual relationship between the partner and Unity as evidenced by the relevant agreement between the partner and Unity, and only so long as the agreement and recognition by Unity is in effect.
Embora o Crachá de Parceiro seja usado para ilustrar essa relação e esse reconhecimento, ele não pode ser usado para mostrar ou implicar alguma afiliação com a Unity ou para sugerir que a Unity patrocina você ou recomenda de qualquer maneira seus produtos; isso também significa, por exemplo, que você não pode colocar o Crachá de Parceiro em qualquer “embalagem” (digital ou não) de seus produtos ou usar o Crachá de Parceiro em associação com seus produtos em materiais de marketing.
For example, if you are a Verified Solutions Partner, you may use that Partner Badge on your website and marketing materials, but not in association with specific products; being a Verified Solutions Partner, however, you may use the Verification Badge in association with the product for which you received the Verification Badge.
For greater certainty, a Verified Solutions Partner may use that Partner Badge only so long as such Partner has a right to use a Verification Badge.
O Crachá de Parceiro também nunca deve ser mostrado de modo que seja maior e/ou mais notável do que qualquer outra marca sua, e nunca deve estar “aprisionado” à suas marcas.
Please also see and adhere to the Badges section of our Logo Guidelines.
Specific rules for Verification Badges
The Verification Badge may only be used to illustrate the fact that your product met, and continues to meet, Unity's requirements for the Verification Badge.
Importantly, the Verification Badge concerns the product and not the business in general of the person or company that has received authorization to use the Verification Badge. That means the Verification Badge must be used only in association with the verified product, and only so long as it remains verified in accordance with Unity’s requirements.
Please also see and adhere to the Badges section of our Logo Guidelines.
Our Unity Certification offerings, including for individuals seeking certification, and Unity Training or Certification partners, also permit the use of certain Unity Logos and badges. Please consult our Unity Certification portal for details on these programs.
Perguntas frequentes (FAQ)
With these Trademark Guidelines, we have done our best to address how you may seek to use Unity Trademarks, but there is nothing like a good example to make a point clear. The following are frequently asked questions about Unity Trademarks and their permitted use.
My website is entirely dedicated to providing free lessons to help people learn using Unity software. As my whole website is related to Unity software, can I use the Unity & “cube” logo in the header/title and have a domain name containing “Unity”?
Unfortunately, a domain name containing the trademark ”Unity” is not permitted, as it is a source of potential confusion for our community.
And even though for non-commercial purposes, use of our house logo in the header/title is the kind of prominent use that is confusing for our community, which is also not permitted.
A common denominator of confusion in a case like this is the appearance that Unity has provided or endorsed the materials.
I develop plugins for Unity software. Can I use the Unity & “cube” logo on the download page of my website?
No. While being supportive of the community, which we love, developing plugins is your own business. Using our house logo in connection with this business could mislead our community into thinking there is a connection (affiliation or endorsement) between Unity and your product.
However, you may be interested in becoming a Unity Partner, which would allow the use of certain logo(s) depending on the case. Check our Unity Partner pages for details.
And you are of course free to use the “Unity” wordmark in a descriptive sense – to describe or to refer to Unity products or services themselves, or to explain how your plugin is connected to Unity products or services, using terms such as “compatible with” or “for use with” Unity software as long as those descriptions are accurate and not misleading.
I made a game using Unity software. Can I use the Unity & “cube” logo in my game?
No. We're thrilled that your game was made with Unity software, but the right logo for this is our “Made with Unity” logo.
Can I use the Unity & “cube” logo in tutorials for Unity software on my Youtube channel?
You may use our house logo in informational videos distributed via video-sharing websites about Unity products and/or services or their use, as long as it does not look like official Unity materials or Unity endorsing the materials, and that you do not associate our logo with anything other than Unity products and/or services.
But it can't be used to promote you, your business, or your channel. So, just for example, that means you can't use the logo in your thumbnail, in video descriptions, in your channel banner, or otherwise prominently anywhere in the channel or in videos.
I want to create a group on social media websites to help game developers find the best currently available assets on the Unity Asset Store. Can I name my group “Unity Game Assets”?
No. The name of your group, “Unity Game Assets”, contains the trademark “Unity” and sounds like an official group/page, or suggests some affiliation or endorsement. It is a source of potential confusion for users and customers. A descriptive name, like “best assets on Unity Asset Store“, etc., would be fine, though.
I am a game design student, and my student projects are made with Unity software. Can I use the Unity & “cube” logo in my projects/portfolio?
Yes, as long as you are following our Trademark Guidelines. Our house logo can be used in informational materials about Unity products/services or their use, as long as it is for non-commercial use, it does not look like official Unity materials or Unity endorsing the materials, and that you do not associate our logo with anything other than Unity products/services. It is especially important that you do not use the Unity logo in any way to promote you or your business/products/services, so as to avoid any potential cause of confusion for users and consumers (--e.g., to induce or suggest that your projects are provided or endorsed by Unity).
Note, too, that you are always welcome to use the “Made with Unity logo”in association with content made using Unity software (games, apps, digital media, etc.).
I will soon release a book on game development using Unity software. Can I add the Unity & “cube” logo on the book cover?
No. This isn't permitted because it tends to suggest some affiliation with, or endorsement by, Unity, which does not exist. And, as always, Unity logos cannot be used to promote you, your business and/or your products/services.
At the same time, though, we appreciate our tremendous support from the community and you are very much welcome to use the “Unity” wordmark in a descriptive way (--e.g., ”Handbook on Developing with Unity Software”) consistent with our Trademark Guidelines.
Always use Unity Trademarks properly
O objetivo de uma marca registrada é servir como uma indicação da origem (ou seja, a origem dos bens ou serviços). É por isso que as marcas registradas são valiosas - elas criam goodwill para o fornecedor dos bens ou serviços e ajudam os consumidores a entender a origem destes. Portanto, verifique se você está usando as marcas registradas da Unity corretamente, conforme explicado abaixo:
Use as Marcas registradas Unity apenas como adjetivos . Marcas registradas são adjetivos: devem descrever e modificar algo, e não devem ser usadas como substantivos ou verbos. Por exemplo:
Direita Errado Obtenha o software Unity! Obtenha o Unity!
Use Unity Trademarks to describe Unity products or services without suggesting any affiliation with or endorsement by Unity, such as by referencing Unity products in a descriptive sense with respect to your product. For example:
Direita Errado Tutoriais XYZ para o software Unity Tutoriais Unity
Verifique se há espaço livre suficiente entre as marcas registradas Unity e outros elementos gráficos ou textuais para que sejam interpretados como elementos únicos. Por exemplo:
Direita Errado Vídeos educacionais do XYZ para o software Unity Vídeos educacionais para XYZ-Unity
Use marcas registradas Unity unicamente inalteradas e sem abreviações ou uso da forma possessiva. Por exemplo:
Direita Errado XYZ utiliza o poder do ML-Agents Toolkit do Unity XYZ utiliza o poder tecnológico do ML
Forneça o aviso correto de marca registrada. Materiais publicados de qualquer tipo, incluindo materiais digitais, como páginas da web ou anúncios digitais que exibam marcas registradas da Unity, devem conter um aviso de marca registrada. Este aviso pode aparecer nos créditos, em um rodapé ou em outro local similar. A forma do aviso deve ser a seguinte:
- “[This website/these materials/(product/service or company name)] [is/are] not sponsored by or affiliated with Unity Technologies or its affiliates. [Unity Trademark(s)] [is a/are] trademark[s] or registered trademark[s] of Unity Technologies or its affiliates in the U.S. and elsewhere.”
- Por exemplo, em materiais que façam referência a "Unity" (e não exibam logótipo Unity):
- “Esses materiais não são patrocinados nem afiliados de Unity Technologies ou suas afiliadas. "Unity" é uma marca comercial ou marca registrada da Unity Technologies ou de suas afiliadas nos EUA e em outros lugares. ”
Things you can’t do
As mentioned, our Trademarks are some of our most important assets, therefore:
- Do not use any Unity Logos except as permitted by these Guidelines or under a separate agreement in writing with Unity.
- Do not register or apply for registration of, and do not use, Unity Trademarks (or any confusingly similar Trademarks or translations or transliterations) for your business, your products, or your services, nor as any social media name or handle (e.g., hashtag) or as any part of any domain name.
- Do not use Unity Trademarks (or any confusingly similar Trademarks) in a way that may suggest an affiliation with, or endorsement/sponsorship/approval by, Unity.
- Não use Marcas registradas Unity de maneira que possa confundir nossas Marcas registradas com as de qualquer outra pessoa.
- Do not use Unity Trademarks to discredit or disparage Unity or its products or services, including any use that may tarnish Unity’s reputation or damage the goodwill associated with Unity Trademarks
- Não use Marcas registradas Unity de maneira enganosa ou desonesta, incluindo publicidade para qualquer produto ou serviço Unity.
- Não use Marcas registradas Unity associadas a qualquer informação ou material que Unity possa considerar inaceitável, incluindo qualquer coisa que, a critério de Unity, possa causar o seguinte:
- to infringe, misappropriate, or violate a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights, or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; to violate, or encourage any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to liability of any kind;
- to be defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar, or offensive; to promote discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment, or harm against any individual or group;
- promover a violência ou ações que ameacem qualquer outra pessoa; ou
- promover atividades ou substâncias ilegais ou prejudiciais.
- Não use Marcas registradas Unity como palavras-chave, termos de pesquisa, metadados ou outros identificadores em qualquer serviço de anúncios on-line.
Important legal bits (Don’t skip!)
In using any Unity Trademarks, you acknowledge and agree that any goodwill derived from that use inures to the exclusive benefit of Unity. Except for the limited right to use Unity Trademarks as expressly permitted by these Guidelines, no other right of any kind is granted to you, either directly or indirectly.
You also agree that you are aware of Unity’s business and of the high standards of quality inherent in Unity products and services, as well as the style, reputation, and image associated with those products and services. You further acknowledge and agree that any use of our Trademarks will conform strictly to the quality, style, reputation, and image standards of Unity (“Unity Standards”).
We reserve the absolute right to refuse to grant permission and/or to revoke or to terminate any permission given under these Guidelines at any time, including for usage or usage in association with content that is inconsistent with Unity Standards.
We further reserve the right to change these Guidelines at any time by posting the revised Guidelines here. Any previously permitted uses no longer in compliance in light of any revisions need to be altered so as to be consistent with the revised Guidelines.
As the Unity Trademarks and their status may change over time, please review the Unity Trademark List periodically. Please note that the absence of a wordmark or logo from this list does not constitute a waiver of Unity’s trademarks or other intellectual property rights in that wordmark or logo.
PERMITTED USES OF ANY TRADEMARKS UNDER THESE GUIDELINES IS PROVIDED SOLELY ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. UNITY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH OUR TRADEMARKS OR THESE GUIDELINES, AND ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ORAL OR WRITTEN), WHETHER ALLEGED TO ARISE BY OPERATION OF LAW, BY REASON OF CUSTOM OR USAGE IN THE TRADE, BY COURSE OF DEALING, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF NONINFRINGEMENT OR VALIDITY. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM UNITY OR ELSEWHERE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE GUIDELINES.
Any translation of these Guidelines is for reference only. The English language version controls in all respects and prevails in case of inconsistencies with any translated versions.
Denunciar abuso de marca registrada
Caso você encontre Marcas registradas cuja semelhança com as Marcas registradas Unity possa gerar confusão ou se tomar conhecimento de qualquer uso de Marcas registradas Unity contrárias a estas Diretrizes, escreva-nos para email@example.com
Questions/separate logo permission requests