Unity brand usage guidelines
We’re very happy for our customers, authorized resellers, technology partners and the press to use Unity's brand without contacting us for prior permission, however, we require that you adhere to the simple guidelines below when doing so.
The Unity and Made with Unity logos are available to use by persons who wish to indicate that they use Unity as their development tool, or to illustrate articles or other content about our company provided such use follows these guidelines.
Make sure you always:
- Use the official, unmodified Unity logos downloaded from this site.
- Ensure that there is sufficient clear space between the Unity logos and other graphical or textual elements for them to be interpreted as unique elements. Minimum clear space is the x-height.
Our logo is one of our most valuable assets. Use it clearly and consistently and do not alter it in any way.
This is suitable for dark and black backgrounds.
The clear space is a space around the logo which must not be broken by any other graphical element, logo, text, image, or page edge.
Make sure you never:
- Use our logos in such a manner as to imply that the content was authored or sponsored by Unity Technologies. As stated above, the logos are available to use by persons that want to indicate that Unity is their development tool or to illustrate other content about our company, but guidelines must be followed.
- Modify our logos by changing the colors, applying strokes, rearranging elements of the design or stretching and distorting it.
- Use the Unity name, the Unity logos, or any other confusingly similar marks on any product, service, apparel, or any other merchandise without our explicit permission.
- Animate the logos.
All of our brand marks are protected by applicable trademark, copyright and other intellectual property laws.
For further information about the use of Unity's name and trademarks, please contact email@example.com.
The Unity name
When referencing our company use “Unity Technologies.” When referencing the Unity engine use “Unity®” software or “Unity®Pro” software (not Unity3d). To avoid confusion, do not use Unity in the name of your company, website url, application or product.
Authorized Resellers and Technology Partners
Unity Technologies maintains certain programs for authorized resellers and technology partners. Partners enrolled in these programs may use the Unity brand and trademarks in accordance with the marketing and trademark usage guidelines set forth in their reseller agreement, and only in conjunction with the appropriate terms that define the relationship authorized by their contract with Unity Technologies.