Unity for 360 Video
Use the leading platform for 360 video to create exciting new forms of immersive content. Unity offers a simple real-time workflow that makes it easy for you to add CG objects, ambisonic audio, visual effects, and more, to make any 360 video truly interactive.Get Unity
Pioneers in storytelling are already creating award-winning 360 videos
An amazing sacrifice
This inspiring, true-life interactive VR experience tells the story of a family of fishermen who make a dramatic decision aimed at saving ocean life.
Official selection of the 2017 SXSW Film Festival, Kaleidoscope Film Festival, Earth Day Texas Festival, Movies that matter, VR scientific Festival, Cannes Marche du Film, World Skoll Forum
Inside the world of two dancers
A 2D, VR, and AR dance experience set to the iconic David Bowie song.
Official Selection at Sundance Film Festival 2017, VR Village SIGGRAPH 2017
You become part of this rap video
Actor/musician Donald Glover, aka Childish Gambino, recently released this album with the Pharos VR headset, which immerses you in his music in a whole new way.
Vision VR/AR 2017 Awards Nominee
A meta-ride down the rabbit hole
The only constants in Reggie Watts’ wild VR ride seem to be his philosophical musings, comedic insights, and musical genius.
Best Live Action Experience, Proto Awards | Official Selection of Sundance Film Festival 2016
Create immersive experiences
- Build interactive props, storylines, or goals
- Simulate locomotion through sequenced and cued videos
- Branch narratives with triggered events and alternate endings
- Layer in UI, such as menus, text, buttons, overlays, and widgets
- Create a lobby that establishes the context for viewers before the experience
Enjoy an efficient Real-time workflow
- Add or edit CG and visual effects instantly
- Adjust playback speed and loop content with one click
- Collaborate with creators on Unity Connect for 360 video tasks or project help
- Tap into the Unity community for tips, resources, and customization ideas
Reach the widest audience
- Maximize your audience across all the latest and greatest VR platforms
- Update published projects, such as episodic content, without re-submitting
- Create your own app
- Get ongoing additions to codec, format, and device support
- Bring your IP to other mediums, such as AR and mixed reality
"Unity just might redefine the post production process."
— Jenn Duong, VR Director, Co-Founder at SH//FT
"Every tool I use as a 360/VR filmmaker must offer me the the ability to brainstorm, experiment and create. Unity is that tool."
— Tony Valenzuela, Writer/Director, Founder at BlackBoxTV
Tools and features in Unity for 360 video
Get the most out of 360 video clips
- Create scenes instantly with drag-and-drop import of any 360 video clip
- Loop videos, adjust speed of playback, and more, using Unity’s Video Player component
- Use our new custom Skybox Panoramic shader
UI and CG Objects
Create a rich user experience
- Build and edit menus, text, buttons, widgets, and overlays to complement your 360 video experience
- Add particle effects, animations, and CG objects to liven up your scene
- Add user interactivity by using animator state-machines, behavioral logic, and more
Focus on storytelling
- Use the linear sequencing tool to synchronize and blend object animations, events, and sounds
- Create a trailer instantly by recording and exporting
- Use the Control Track feature to orchestrate multi-track interfaces
Ambisonic audio sources
Give users a sense of presence
- Incorporate full-sphere surround sound in your video with ambisonic audio clips and decoder plugins
- Rotate sound fields based on the user’s orientation for an enhanced experience
The largest marketplace for 360 video assets and tools
Find thousands of 360 video assets that help you focus more on what inspires you most, and ultimately, ship your experience faster and at a higher quality.
A VR productivity and workflow toolset
This asset enables architects, content developers, and engineers to build their VR Experiences through a simple drag-and-drop interface (similar to widgets), supporting all major HMD devices like Oculus, HTC Vive, Gear VR, Cardboard, Daydream.
A production-proven offline rendering system
This title enables you to export stereo 360 and 180 panoramas and up to 8K videos. It's a fast and easy way to render fully functional 360 stereoscopic panorama movies and image sequences for VR.
An all-in-one VR interface package
Designed for the new Unity GUI system, this package makes it possible to bends the canvas in world space, allowing the player to view and interact with it from any angle. You can create intricate designs, while still using the same uGUI workflow you're used to.
A professional audio engine
This tool enables positional 3D audio and ultra-realistic acoustic room virtualisation for games, VR, and 360° Video–easy to use with the Unity Audio Spatializer SDK (+5.2).
Create beautiful 3D videos
With Helios enabled in your scene, you can automatically create beautiful high definition 3D video complete with audio, and ready for upload to popular websites like YouTube, VRideo, Milk VR and Facebook.