Unity for Cinematic VR
Pull your audience into new worlds using the leading platform for VR. With groundbreaking features like Timeline and the Post-Processing Stack, you can create truly captivating content for the next frontier of filmmaking.Get Unity
Award-winning experiences by pioneers of XR and film
An interactive comedy
From the director of Madagascar comes ASTEROIDS!, the highly-anticipated follow-up to the award-winning VR animation, INVASION! Mac and Cheez are back with their robot sidekick Peas, this time on a dangerous, deep-space mission. Disaster strikes as they are attacked by teeth-gnashing space bugs careening asteroids.
A Holocaust-survivors VR testimony
In July of 2016, Holocaust survivor, Pinchas Gutter toured the Majdanek Concentration Camp in what he vowed would be his final visit. By marrying a stereo-video capture of Pinchas within a photoreal roomscale experience, The Last Goodbye reaches profound levels of immersion in service of the first ever VR testimony that will be archived and preserved.
Experience cyber-warfare on a human scale
Based on the Oscar short-listed documentary, Zero Days, Scatter's award-winning, immersive documentary, visualizes the story of Stuxnet in a new way, placing you inside the invisible world of computer viruses.
Interact with the main character
This interactive film allows viewers to explore an emotional, character-driven narrative first-hand. Using a tablet device or viewing it in VR, users can actually use their hands to connect with Hue as he realistically reacts to touch like a living, breathing being.
The first-ever real-time VR 3D-animated series
Summer Camp takes the VR room-scale experience to the next level with immersive, interactive, and responsive characters.
Spectator or participant?
Nothing Happens is both a cinematic and Virtual Reality experience which questions the role of the spectator by inviting the individual to participate in an event. Nothing Happens offers a new way of looking. It is about spectatorship - about watching and being watched. It is about being present.
Create immersive experiences
- Build interactive, linear stories where the viewer can participate
- Enable viewers to pause, enjoy, and play with their surroundings
- Branch narratives with triggered events and alternate endings
- Create action or puzzle-based interludes for viewers to bond with characters
- Create a ‘lobby’ that establishes the context for viewers before the experience
Enjoy an efficient, real-time workflow
- Experiment with low-stakes creation to save time and money
- Iterate in real-time – add or edit CG and visual effects instantly
- Tap into the Unity community for tips, resources, and customization ideas
- Collaborate with creators on Unity Connect for project support
Reach the widest audience
- Maximize your audience across all the latest and greatest VR platforms
- Update published projects, such as for episodic content, without re-submitting
- Create your own app
- Bring your IP to other mediums, such as AR and mixed reality
“I'm honestly not sure how we would have built Zero Days VR without Timeline.”
— Elie Zananiri, Lead Interaction Developer at Scatter
“One of the great things about working in Unity is the incredible community of talented creators working to push the medium forward.”
— Aaron Koblin, Co-Founder & CTO at Within
Tools and features in Unity for Cinematic VR
Focus on storytelling
- Integrate linear sequencing and blending of animations, sounds, and so on
- Create cutscenes and trailers by orchestrating objects, animations, and sounds
- Work with the multi-track interface (control track)
- Add a recorder/exporter
- Improve keyframing workflow - make animating feel more comfortable and familiar
- Create better interaction with animator state-machines
- Enable a smooth workflow for keyframing outside of the animation window
- Preview clips without having to be in an autokey/rec mode
Realize your vision and control performance
- Use Particles for more effects and animations than ever, including lit lines and trails
- Take advantage of better atlasing and batching of Particle Systems
- Align particles to their velocity direction
- Apply forces to the Colliders they hit using the Collision module
Give users a sense of presence
- Enjoy integrated support for ambisonic audio clips, the full-sphere surround sound technique
- Rotate sound fields based on the listener’s orientation and head rotation
The largest marketplace for VR assets and tools
Find thousands of VR assets that help you focus more on what inspires you most, and ultimately, ship your experience faster and at a higher quality.
More than 400 different assets
Choose your interior and exterior to create highly optimized low-poly and realistic environments.
A professional audio engine
This tool enables positional 3D audio and ultra-realistic acoustic room virtualisation for games, VR, and 360° Video–easy to use with the Unity Audio Spatializer SDK (+5.2).
Create beautiful 3D videos
With Helios enabled in your scene, you can automatically create beautiful high definition 3D video complete with audio, and ready for upload to popular websites like YouTube, VRideo, Milk VR and Facebook.
A real time-saver
A great starter pack for any movement-based app or game, this collection of eight types of movement for mobile VR will enable you to quickly set up a control and start prototyping.
Learn about the latest cinematic features
Watch demos and presentations