Released: 31. August 2016
Unity Editor Download Assistant
Component Installers Windows
- Unity Editor 64-bit
- Unity Editor 32-bit
- Cache Server
- Built in shaders
- Standard Assets
- Example Project
Component Installers Mac
We are happy to announce Unity 5.4.0p4. The release notes and the corresponding issue tracker link for issues fixed in this release are as shown below.
As always, patch releases are recommended only for users affected by those bugs fixed in that patch.
Windows Store: Windows Extension SDK references will now be automatically added to Assembly-CSharp projects.
- (807983) - Android: Fixed an issue where projects without audio could stop external audio sources.
- (808752) - Android: Fixed build time regression when using the resources folder.
- (none) - Animation: Deleting an Override controller that was previously set as the runtimecontroller no longer reset the animator statemachine memory.
- (820586) - Animation: Fixed a crash when adding AnimationClip to an enabled Animation component whilst in play mode in the editor.
- (823410) - Animation: Fixed a crash when changing AnimatorOverrideController during interrupted transition.
- (824596) - Animation: Fixed a crash when triggering a newly created animation clip at runtime.
- (811596) - Asset Management: Assets added using AssetDatabase.AddObjectToAsset will no longer change their name when the project is saved.
- (763383) - Collab: Fixed a crash when opening a cloud project named with numbers if you already have a project named the same in your folder.
- (819707) - D3D11: Fixed editor spewing out "Failed to query D3D11 context for ID3DUserDefinedAnnotation interface" error message when run on Windows 7 machine without Windows updates installed.
- (775290) - Editor: Fixed an issue where 'sub-assets' could appear in the wrong order in the Editor or change order when saving.
- (708582) - Editor: Fixed an issue where ColorPicker color was darker than the actual color picked in Linear color space.
- (none) - Editor: Fixed an issue where objects in Inspector Preview appeared darker in Linear color space.
- (none) - Fixed a syntax error in user-agent header string generated by API requests within Unity web views.
- (811241) - GI: Fixed a crash in Reflection Probe component when multiple scenes are used.
- (815127) - GI: LightProbes.GetInterpolatedProbe will return a black probe now if there are no light probes in the scene.
- (745588) - GI: Multi-scene editor. Fixed the lightmap indices not updating for additively loaded scenes in the Editor.
- (710633) - Graphics: Fixed a crash when blend shape value is changed for an object with cloth component.
- (none) - Graphics: Fixed a crash when running with graphics jobs caused by one thread unloading mesh data whilst another thread is using the data.
- (794440) - Graphics: Fixed Texture3D not accepting floating point formats.
- (820071) - IL2CPP: Corrected the behavior of the is operator when used with a struct embedded in a parent generic class.
- (817286) - Input: Workaround for the issue where cursor would disappear on touch based devices like Surface Pro 4.
- (820487) - iOS: Added support for tbd files.
- (800209) - iOS: Disabled certain Xcode debugging features in the project template causing mem usage to grow.
- (796762) - iOS: Fixed a crash due to linker error in simulator on startup in certain Unity releases.
- (791063) - iOS: Fixed simulator crashes when device was rotated.
- (717587) - Kernel: Fixed a crash resulting from redo after revert.
- (804333) - Kernel: Fixed a crash resulting from undo after reverting prefab.
- (822063, 816232) - Mono: Fixed a crash in compute_class_bitmap when using reflection.
- (763583) - Mono: Fixed a crash in find_method_in_metadata which can occur on startup.
- (798133) - OSX Player: The OSX standalone player now allows to switch out of the application by using Cmd+Tab when running in fullscreen mode.
- (823495) - Particles: Fixed an issue where the first vertex of a trail renderer could be missing.
- (782232) - Particles: Fixed the particle system random seed regression.
- (805669) - Plugins: Fixed an issue where DLL plugins with non-lowercase extensions cause the architecture platforms panel not to be displayed.
- (none) - Tizen: Added a method to request the Evas_GL object to possibly be used in plugins.
- (none) - Tizen: Added API compatibility control. Currently only 2.3 and 2.4 are supported.
- (806041) - Tizen: Fixed problem with hangs when using a static splash screen image.
- (805148) - Tizen: Fixed the screen dimensions being incorrect when rotating the screen on Tizen while playing video.
- (none) - Tizen: Fixed a problem where UnityPluginUnload was not called in Tizen mobile.
- (none) - Tizen: Removed an error which wrote privilege value in duplicate in tizen-manifest.xml.
- (none) - Tizen: Support multiple sensor listener.
- (777937) - tvOS: Fix 2nd stage splash screen.
- (none) - tvOS: Fixed: allowed scripting implementations and architectures in player settings.
- (797645) - UI: Fixed a race condition in UI mesh processing leading to rare crashes.
- (797560, 633000) - UI: Fixed issue where Canvas/UI appeared darker when camera was disabled and color space was set to Linear.
- (820517) - UnityWebRequest: Fixed possible freeze when downloading more than 64k of data using custom download handler.
- (814330) - UnityWebRequest: Fixed texture download reports done before texture is actually usable.
- (813683) - Windows Store: Fixed a bug where mouse scrollwheel was returning inverted values.
- (none) - Windows Store: Fixed Xbox Live SDK not being automatically referenced by C# scripts if installed on the machine.
- (816582) - Windows Store: Gamepads (with UsagePage/Usage 0x0001/0x0005) will correctly connect to an application, usually these are device connected via bluetooth. Previously only joysticks (with UsagePage/Usage 0x0001/0x0004) would connect. You can check UsagePage/Usage of the device by right clicking Properties on the device->Hardware->HID-compliant game controller->Properties->Details->Hardware Ids. For ex., gamepads will contain an item "HID_DEVICE_UP:0001_U:0005) . You might need to delete Package.appxmanifest, because there's a new item for HID device.
- (810622) - Windows Store: When updating Windows Phone 8 application to Windows Phone 8.1/10.0, player preferences will be auto updated if the following condition is met - UnityPlayer.upp file exists, but playerprefs.dat file doesn't exist in LocalFolder.