Released: 16. December 2016
Unity Editor Download Assistant
Component Installers Windows
- Unity Editor 64-bit
- Unity Editor 32-bit
- Cache Server
- Built in shaders
- Standard Assets
- Example Project
Component Installers Mac
We are happy to announce Unity 5.5.0p2. The release notes and the corresponding issue tracker link for issues fixed in this release are as shown below.
As always, patch releases are recommended only for users affected by those bugs fixed in that patch.
- (757055) - Graphics: Added support for feature level 11.1 on D3D11/D3D12. This brings native support for RGB565 and ARGB1555 RenderTexture formats. Note that this does not render correctly for ARGB4444 which will be fixed in one of the future releases.
- (854739) - Android: Fix auto-rotation on Android 4.1 and older.
- (849972) - Audio: Fixed FSBTool crashing when importing OGG files with non-standard sample rates.
- (830217) - Compute: Don't let GC dispose of ComputeBuffers. Added a warning for the user to release it manually.
- (840151) - Editor: Fixed ArgumentOutOfRangeException triggered when closing tabs in dock area.
- (843280) - Editor: Fixed s crash when baking occlusion. This also fixed a crash in rare cases at the end of occlusion baking if your scene contains portals.
- (none) - Editor: Stopped the first probe being rendered multiple times when drawing the light probe visualization gizmo.
- (840591) - Game Performance: Fixed a potential crash on player exit if Game Performance Service is enabled.
- (853627) - Graphics: Added Material.SetBuffer with nameID overload.
- (851359) - Graphics: Fixed a crash when deleting a Shader that is used by some Materials in the scene.
- (849344) - Graphics: Fixed a crash when using Material.SetColor and similar functions with some built-in Unity variable names.
- (851689) - Graphics: Fixed memory leak when instantiating materials (e.g. via renderer.material).
- (none) - Graphics: Fixed OpenGL color space support on Windows (WGL_EXT_colorspace detection).
- (836947) - Graphics: Fixed rendering bug when grab pass is used with forward rendering and graphics jobs are enabled.
- (none) - HoloLens: Fixed a crash in Editor when terminating Remoting App during an active Holographic Remoting session.
- (848237) - HoloLens: Improved error reporting when failing to load PerceptionRemotingPlugin.dll (used by Holographic Remoting).
- (none) - IL2CPP: Emit proper C++ for unsafe methods that cast a void pointer to a type pointer and access a field from that type.
- (856410) - IL2CPP: Prevent a stack overflow in the player runtime when metadata for an infinitely nested recursive generic type used (like the FullName of that type).
- (763240) - iOS: Fixed Module Registration and Code Stripping for builds with the Mono scripting backend.
- (852363) - iOS: Fixed crashes in WWWConnection.
- (857032) - Metal: Fixed a crash on startup on some iOS devices.
- (810267) - Multiplayer – WebGL: Error creating/requesting Network matches on WebGL.
- (849681) - OpenGL: Fixed image mask when running in upscaled fullscreen mode.
- (852264) - Shaders: Fixed UNITY_VERSION macro not being setup in surface shaders.
- (none) - Shaders: Improved support for handling backslash includes within shaders.
- (829120) - Standalone: Fixed the incorrect display labels when using more than 2 monitors.
- (824508) - VR: Fixed a memory leak when using a canvas and VRFocus is lost.
- (858763) - VR: Unity 5.5 VR Camera Strobing between head poses once game is built.