Released: 22. December 2016
Unity Editor Download Assistant
Component Installers Windows
- Unity Editor 64-bit
- Unity Editor 32-bit
- Cache Server
- Built in shaders
- Standard Assets
- Example Project
Component Installers Mac
We are happy to announce Unity 5.5.0p3. The release notes and the corresponding issue tracker link for issues fixed in this release are as shown below.
As always, patch releases are recommended only for users affected by those bugs fixed in that patch.
- Shaders: During shader compilation if an unknown/unhandled error occurs append the unknown/unhandled error message to the shader compiler error message. This gives some context on what might be wrong in the shader.
- (none) - Ads: Fixed cloud build issue.
- (835453) - Android: First scene is now loaded asynchronously while the splash screen is displayed.
- (none) - Animation: Renabled StateMachine multithreaded evaluation.
- (none) - Audio: Changed default behaviour of native spatializer plugins to only load at start for the Editor. Platforms now load when requested only.
- (853250) - Cache Server: Fix for 'last resource used' behaviour; a file that it requested from the cache server will have its LRU state refreshed and its lifetime extended.
- (859728) - Editor Login Window: Fixed an issue related to the 'Remember Me' functionality.
- (860626) - Graphics: Fixed a crash when calling Graphics.Blit(null, destination).
- (844799) - Graphics: Fixed an issue where grab pass could cause lighting to break on translucent objects in a scene.
- (800796, 851897, 825951) - HoloLens: Fixed resume-from-suspend bugs that would occasionally crash the app or not render anything.
- (857296) - IL2CPP: Now allow the Unity Ads engine integration to correctly build with Android on IL2CPP..
- (853532) - iOS: Added Taiwanese language support.
- (855467) - Particles: Calling Destroy() with particle system object in IEnumerator Start() could cause a crash
- (858235) - Particles: Fixed crash in CopyFromArrayAOS when calling Emit(position, velocity, size, lifetime, color).
- (856877) - Particles: Fixed error in TLS Allocator ALLOC_TEMP_THREAD when simulating particle system.
- (none) - Particles: Fixed rare memory overwrite which would have caused problems (crashes) in random areas eg memory managers.
- (856871) - Particles: Game crashes when new particles are spawned using deprecated Emit method
- (856224) - Particles: Particle System Lights Module would not generate lights if particle positions were modified by script.
- (852817) - Particles: Particle System Renderer wouldn't allow rendering using multiple materials.
- (846516) - Particles: Particle System subsequent Sub Emitter inherit properties were overridden with the first inherit property.
- (851712) - Particles: ParticleSystem editor was using incorrect handle matrix when scaling mode was set to Hierarchy.
- (850638) - Particles: Unity could crash in EmitterStoreData function when a Particle System was "aligned to direction" during Play mode.
- (858816) - Physics: Fixed interpolation of Rigidbodies causing position and rotation to be inaccurate when accessed via Transform from within FixedUpdate.
- (848718) - ReplayKit : Fixed a crash when creating objects from broadcasting start callback.
- (833159) - ReplayKit : Fixed ReplayKit.StartBroadcasting not pausing the app.
- (none) - Shaders: Bunch of bug fixes in translating shaders from HLSL to GLSL/Metal
- Crash fix on partial precision parsing.
- Added support for missing texture gather ops and sample count query.
- Fixed bugs in swapc, SM5 variant of shift ops, atomic compare exchange, texture array coord translation, texture array element index rounding, texel fetch swizzle and GLSL extension handling.
- (861611) - Tizen: Fixed the deploying failure problem.
- (855646) - UnityWebRequest: Fixed the issue of a request continuing execution after exiting playmode, resulting in high CPU usage.
- (834072) - VR: OpenVR app built and run with d3d12 crashes on start.
- (852569) - VR: Switching stereo rendering during playback causes rendering issues.
- (859650) - Windows Store: Building project for Windows Store targeting Windows 10 SDK now works when only VS2017 is installed.
- (854650) - Windows Store: Fixed the issue of UnityWebRequest not working in Master builds.
- (859389) - Windows Store: Generated VS project now builds once again when targeting ARM with IL2CPP scripting backend.