Released: 3. February 2017
Unity Editor Download Assistant
Component Installers Windows
- Unity Editor 64-bit
- Unity Editor 32-bit
- Cache Server
- Built in shaders
- Standard Assets
- Example Project
Component Installers Mac
We are happy to announce Unity 5.5.1p2. The release notes and the corresponding issue tracker link for issues fixed in this release are as shown below.
As always, patch releases are recommended only for users affected by those bugs fixed in that patch.
- Virtual Reality: Updated to Oculus runtime version 1.11
- (854214) - Android: Fixed an incorrect behaviour with Application.persistentDataPath.
- (none) - Android: Fixed readback from float RenderTexture into half float Texture.
- (none) - Android: Play audio from background applications at the original volume when it is not muted.
- (865057) - Animation: Fixed crash in animation window when starting playback on invalid optimized game object
- (849656) - Animation: Fixed vertical and horizontal flips using Box Tool with tangents set to Infinity.
- (846853) - Asset Bundles: Fixed a crash when loading a scene with occlusion culling from an asset bundle in editor play mode.
- (none) - Asset Importing: Significant performance improvements to DXT1, DXT5, BC4 and BC5 texture compressor, resulting in faster asset imports.
- (865507) - Audio: Fixed a WACK certification failure in UWP player builds using the Microsoft HRTF audio spatializer.
- (840009) - Cache Server: Fixed an issue when building, an unreachable cache server was reported as a warning not an error and did not cause the build to fail.
- (none) - Cloudbuild Analytics: Fix for iOS and Android crash when all services are OFF.
- (857206) - Deployment Management: Corrected the behaviour on Windows where using -logfile on batch mode with an emptry string would cause output to go to stdout, consistent with all other platforms.
- (857507) - Editor: Disallow setting DontSave on a transform unless it is already set on the GameObject.
- (824020) - Editor: Fixed a crash for D3D platforms if shader compilation did not return any compiled shader data ie, a shader contained #error pre-processor directive.
- (836737) - Graphics: Don't render the screen space depth buffer if nothing requires it ie screenspace shadows are disabled.
- (866230) - Graphics: Fixed large objects lit by a directional light self shadowing in editor when player was set to android.
- (861445) - Graphics: Fixed a crash that occurred when loading models from AssetBundles with Tangents set to Calculate Legacy.
- (874227) - IL2CPP: Allow the Unity Ads engine integration to work properly on iOS builds that are archived and uploaded to TestFlight.
- (none) - Physics 2D: Ensure that a PhysicsMaterial2D can be reassigned to a Collider2D.
- (871727) - Physics 2D: When turning on Rigidbody2D.simulated, the body position/rotation should be synchronized to the current Transform.
- (857087) - UI: Fixed miscoloured mesh when this was created with CanvasRenderer.SetMesh, passing an array of Color objects to Mesh.colors.
- (814290) - Virtual Reality: Fixed inconsistency in game view between Singlepass Stereo and Multi Pass when using Split Stereo Diplay.
- (830612) - Virtual Reality: Fixed incorrect culling in Split Stereo Display.
- (832185) - Virtual Reality: Fixed incorrect eye view in Split Stereo Display.
- (832283) - Virtual Reality: Fixed incorrect viewport bounds in Singlepass Stereo.
- (none) - Windows: When standalone player is embedded into other window, Alt+Enter shortcut for full screen is disabled.