System Requirements for Unity 5.4
OS: Windows 7 SP1+, 8, 10; Mac OS X 10.8+.Windows XP & Vista are not supported; and server versions of Windows & OS X are not tested.
GPU: Graphics card with DX9 (shader model 3.0) or DX11 with feature level 9.3 capabilities.
The rest mostly depends on the complexity of your projects.
Additional platform development requirements:
- iOS: Mac computer running minimum OS X 10.9.4 version and Xcode 7.0 or higher.
- Android: Android SDK and Java Development Kit (JDK).
- Windows Store: Windows 8.1 (64-bit) and corresponding Visual Studio and platform SDK:
- Windows 8.1/Windows Phone 8.1: Visual Studio 2013 or later and Windows 8.1 SDK;
- UWP: Visual Studio 2015 or later and Windows 10 SDK;
- IL2CPP scripting backend also requires C++ compiler feature to be installed with Visual Studio.
- WebGL: Mac OS X 10.8+ or Windows 7 SP1+ (64-bit editor only).
For running Unity games
Generally content developed with Unity can run pretty much everywhere. How well it runs is dependent on the complexity of your project. More detailed requirements:
- OS: Windows XP SP2+, Mac OS X 10.8+, Ubuntu 12.04+, SteamOS+.
- Graphics card: DX9 (shader model 3.0) or DX11 with feature level 9.3 capabilities.
- CPU: SSE2 instruction set support.
- iOS player will require iOS 7.0 or higher (dropping 6.0).
- Android: OS 2.3.1 or later; ARMv7 (Cortex) CPU with NEON support or Atom CPU; OpenGL ES 2.0 or later.
- WebGL: Any recent desktop version of Firefox, Chrome, Edge or Safari.
- Windows Phone: 8.1 or later.
- Windows Store Apps: 8.1 or later.